Strat review by Squier

• Reviewer's score: 6.8 Neat
Squier: Strat

Purchased from: East Coast Music Mall

This guita isnt for really shredding or even blues I suppose, it's hard to bend strings without adjusting it and the sound isnt to great I deal with it though. A few weeks after I bought it I snapped the whammy bar off but besides that the guitar holds itself together. If you play classic rock style and your short on cash then I guess this guitar would be a good choice, but if you play metal nd your short on cash get a cheap Jackson or ESP. This doest suit my metal style at all or the guitar I bought after this guitar (Jay Tursur JT500 Custom, yea I'm always short on cash) isn't even good for metal. I'm definetly buying a RR3 Rhoads though. This guitar had a lot of fuzz. This guitar doesn't have much of a good varietty though.

This isn't a good match for metal at all. I've done a gig with it and the high 'e' string popped out during a solo of mine haha that sucked ass. I've been playin for a good 6 to 7 years used to play classic rock now I do metal and classical. It's good for classical too though. If someone stole it id defenitly buy a different guitar. It's mostly a beginners guitar the features arent that great nothing I like anymore. When I got it I didn't have much of a choice so I got stuck with it.

The hardware doesn't seem to last, it does last! I've had this ofr a long time and beat the crap out of it its still alive. Everything holds together well. I wouldn't use it in a gig though not a real metal guitar but if I payed classic rock then I would use it without a backup maybe. I have bad luck so I would always bring a backup. The finish last very well I've played ever day for at least an hour with it for 3 years!

The guitar is set up pretty well I personally don't like the pickups at all but its a very strong guitar and wont break easily. I don't think their were any flaws at all with this guitar. Fender and Squier are trustful companies.

This guitar, I got, was made in 2002 and I bought it in 2002. I still have it and it is very reliable. This was made in the China. I have one with a maple neck and a Contoured solid alder body and a Rosewood fingerboard. Its got a satin green finish, you can get it in many colors I suppose. Its, of course, a Strat style body. Die-cast tuners, Classic '70s "big" headstock, Vintage 6-screw rocking trem, 21 frets, 3 single-coil pickups, 5-way switching. One volume, 2 tone controls, Single-ply white pickguard.