Strat review by Squier

Squier: Strat

Purchased from: Local store

At first: I sold this guitar to a friend a couple of weekas ago. When I started to play, the guitar was perfekt for me. It was easy played, light and had big frets. I almost just played chords, and the single-coils was perfekt for that kind of "rhythm" guitar. Very clear and nice sound. I used a little Fender Frontman 15w to it and they suited eachother perfectly. The guitar had like this "wannabie floydrose" bridge so you had the opportunity to do many kinds of sounds, but the bridge was really bad actually so you didn't want to use it very much. The single coil was good at clean, maybe to high treble sometimes though, but at dist they sucked. Really sucked. If I had this monsteramp, they stil made it sound like light-crunch or somthing. Maybe a bit cold and flat. And the pickups screams like madmans. It was becouse of this I sold it; I started to some play hardrock and metal.. Somtimes I regret the sell; the guitar suits nearly all styles toy could imagine. The guitar I have now, which coast more then ten times my old one, dosn't have that width at all. So when I play other things, like blues or just clean jam, the other oldone nearly was as good.

I play, as I said before, some hardrock and metal. To this, the guitar dosn't work at all. The bass is to low and the pickup starts to scream, an still it's just crunch. To everything else I play then that the guitar works good. Maybe not perfect for the established guitarist, but maybe to the beginner. Now I've been playing for about three years pretty much, so I can't say I'm a beginner. If it was stolen when I had it, I think I would by a real Fender Strat with better pickups. I did love many things about this guitar; the look, the playability, the big frets and the nice clean sound. The things I didn't like was the screamy, cold crunch-pickups on distortion. that's the only bad thinf actually. Of course I could have bought new ones. When I bought it, I didn't compare it at all to other products. I was in love, and the price was so good to. I wish the guitar had better pickups. If so, I would never sell it.

I have used the guitar live some times and it felt good. Everything (the hardware, strap buttons, tuners, bridge etc) felt reliable. Still I don't know if I would use it without a backupguitarist. Good, Japanees quality. I've heard that the Fender Squiers that was made in Japan was the best, even better then the cheaper "real" Fenders. And I belive it.

When I got the guitar from the shop everything was perfectly set up, and I don't know if Fender had anything to do with it at all. One thing that was both good and bad was that the strings was fairly high up which made it more hardplayed, but the tone got more clear. This is easy to adjust.

The guitar was made '02 in Japan. It had 21 jumbo frets, a thin maple/rosewoodneck and no necktrough. The top was in solid alder. The finish was transparent blue and the bodystyle Strat. Beautiful! It had two passive single-coil pickups which was controled by one volume for each pickup (very good actually), 1 tone control and a 5-way selector. The tuners was in aluminium.

laparsons
    lol squires suck, if you want a good beginner guitar to learn on and still sound half decent go for the epi fat-210, that was my first and though i out grew it long ago i've always been happy with it.
    tlfdfirefighter
    go away
    degraw14 : i think u can shuv this strat and the ibanezRG321 up ur srry a$$
    no kidding i have one and the paint is falling off/pickups died/and the feed back sucks (dont buy a squire)
    Abnormal_Omish
    The top was in solid alder
    i thought that was the whole body
    My Squier is quite new, about 2004 I think, and it was American. A 22-fret guitar, it has a quite long neck, laminated top, pine neck and body, and a sunburst finish. With one volume knob, two tone adjusters, and three pickup settings
    im pretty sure thats wrong Ive got a les paul and a dinky but i still find time for this guitar... it can be pretty muddy and has very little sustain but im thikning about doing it up. If you change the pups this guitar would be pretty decent
    mcrgreenday231
    i freakin hate these squires soo many people gegt them it gets annoying.. i mean where's the eastwoods and fenders. especially the strats too commmon
    mcrgreenday231
    tlfdfirefighter : My friend has one of these, and it sounds terrible. I hate how it goes out of tune with every bend that you perform. he played it while I played mine, and they sounded completely different, and I tuned it in the standar EBGDAE, with the same tuner. That is how bad this guitar goes out of tune. Unless you want to waste $150.00-$200.00, do yourself a favor and don't buy this guitar...even if your a beginner. POSTED: 10/19/2006 - 10:53 pm / quote | go away : degraw14 : i think u can shuv this strat and the ibanezRG321 up ur srry a$$ straight up couldn't say it better