Strat review by Squier

Squier: Strat

Purchased from: Cosmo

My music is mainly hardcore/punk, mainly Rise Against, From First To Last, and it's suits it's ok, considering I was a beginner when I was using this. I used a Line 6 Spider III 15 with this guitar and no additional effects, just the Standard on the amp. Noise wise, it hummed a lot. When playing the guitar, lots of sounds could be made, but it was probably just the amp. Overall, it sounded good, for a beginner.

Again, I play Rise-Against, From First To Last kind of stuff, and it's a pretty good match. I've been playing 2 and 1/2 years now, and occasionally I use it (friend's house Who has 2 dogs) so I won't get my "good" guitar scratched. Currently I use a Gibson SG and amp I still use Line 6 Spider III, but moved up to 75W. If it were stolen/lost, I'd definately get something else. What I love about it? I love the fact it's a Strat. What I hate is the input jack nut. Favorite feature has to be it's Strat body. I just like strats. Obviously, this guitar is not for intermediates and beyond. I recommend this to beginners, but I also recommend, if you can, before buying it, checking the guitar all over for loose nuts etc. As I've noticed some of the Squier Strats are poor quality.

This guitar cannot withstand Live playing, but it could have just been mu guitar. I was playing a talent show, and the nut for the input jack came loose in the middle of a song, and no sound. But that could just be my guitar. Strap buttons are solid. In fact, it is kinda hard to take the strap off. And, no I wouldn't use it at a gig without a backup..again the input jack. Finish is good enough. It can withstand my little sister banging on it with her toys. Finish and everything can withstand it, but the input jack.

Guitar was set-up perfectly. I loved it. Action was low, and I made no adjustments to it. Pickups were bad. Humming etc etc. The guitar had some flaws. It had a scratch on the head and I'm not sure what it is, but a stain on the neck. It was fine, until after 1 month. The nut for the input jack came loose. But, just screwing it worked, but occasionally comes loose. Other than that, it was good.

My Squier, which I got when I first started, was made in the US (about 90% sure). It has 21 frets, and I'm not sure if they're jumbo etc.The neck is made of Maple and the body is made of Basswood. Body style is obviously a Strat. There are two Tone controls and one Volume control. Pickups are 3 single-coils. Tuners are non-locking, and I'm not sure what brand. Included was a tremolo bar and a method book (from store). Not too many notable features. Ok I suppose for a beginner.

bdtribble
    Ive got the same guitar and amp the guy 3 from the top has. He explained everything exactly how it is. But i also got a 20 foot cord with gold connectors.
    woobow
    This was my first guitar and i found it perfectly adequate. sure it doesn't meet the needs of all the perfectionists out there, but i learnt a lot of what i know on it. its not bad, its just not great either.
    shrederofmetal
    I modified my squier by putting a roland humbucking pickup in front of the saddle and now it sounds freakin beast
    HayleyAnne
    I live in England and baught mine for 120, including the amp and all that jazz. That's about $70, right? Anyway, It's my first guitar, and everything I learn is learnt on it and I'm glad. It's nice. And, as some other person said, the only bad quality about it is the crappy strap. And it does have great sound. Not only that but a lot of my friends were shocked by it's shine and how nice it looks
    the boogieman
    HayleyAnne wrote: Tapmaster923 wrote: I forgot to add that a lot of you overpaid on your Squire Strats. The local music shop sells them for $130, so I can get several for the price you pay to purchase one! At another store it was $150. But I bought mine for $300 as the Strat Pack, with that peice of crap Frontman. I live in England and baught mine for 120, including the amp and all that jazz. That's about $70, right?
    its more like $250