Strat review by Squier

Squier: Strat

Purchased from: Pawn Shop

I usually play punk or hard metal, but I tend to move around on music alot. It sounds pretty well for what I'm using it for. I'm using a Rocktron Rampage R20 amp. This guitar can go pretty loud on my small amp. It can vary from a soft acoustic sound or a thick, heavy metal sound if you tune it and set it to the right settings. I got it this weekend so I'm pretty happy with it so far.

I play heavy metal, or punk. It works fine for me. I've been playing for about a year. I have another guitar, it's acoustic. I didn't buy it, so I couldnt ask anything. My friend Who got it for me knows a lot about guitars though. I might get something different, like a Flying V or something. I love everthing about it. The best feature is probably the finish. Of course I'd rather have an actual Strat, but this works fine. I kinda wish it had more distortion pickups though.

I think it could withstand live playing. Something may need replaced over a few years but that's normal. The strap buttons are made of a firm metal, so they probably wont budge. I would probably always take a backup anyway, but yeah I beleive I could depend on it. It looked like new when cleaned it, and it had been used for years before, so yeah it can withstand alot. But any finish it bound to come off.

I thought the set up was great. I got mine used. There was black stuff all over the guitar. The pawn shop said it was Permatex. Once we replaced the worn strings and cleaned it up, it looked like new and played smoothly. haven't had trouble with it yet.

I don't really know what year this was made. Mine was made in Indonesia. It has 21 rosewood frets. I believe mine has a solid top. I think it's made from maple. Can't exactly tell what the finish is. It's black around the edges and near the middle it gets to a polished wood feel. Strat body. I believe a Tune-O-Matic bridge. Active electronics. 1 volume, and 2 tone knobs, and a 5-way distortion selector. Where I bought it I got just the guitar.

651Tom
    HayleyAnne wrote: Tapmaster923 wrote: I forgot to add that a lot of you overpaid on your Squire Strats. The local music shop sells them for $130, so I can get several for the price you pay to purchase one! At another store it was $150. But I bought mine for $300 as the Strat Pack, with that peice of crap Frontman. I live in England and baught mine for 120, including the amp and all that jazz. That's about $70, right? Anyway, It's my first guitar, and everything I learn is learnt on it and I'm glad. It's nice. And, as some other person said, the only bad quality about it is the crappy strap. And it does have great sound. Not only that but a lot of my friends were shocked by it's shine and how nice it looks
    I also live in England, and paid 130 at a local music shop for this, with a 10 Watt practice amp, Fender plectrums, strap, spare strings. It was perfect for starting off. Definetely a must have for beginners!