Strat review by Squier

Squier: Strat

Purchased from: Nicholl Brothers

I play anything, from Death, to Malmsteen, to Zeppelin, to Radiohead and back, and this guitar manages it with a little help from effects. I've been playing almost a year and a half and everything I know I've taught myself on this guitar, and I'm glad. Nice to play, If you can fiddle until you get the right tone, It's a great soudning guitar. I've played Strats that I couldn't make sound like this. I plug it into numerous effects (Big Muff, DD-6, Metal Muff, RAT, Crybaby) and then into a Cube 30. Sounds good when tweaked to perfection (I spent nearly two hours setting it all up to Standard). I sometimes use my Pocket POD for portability and it still sounds great. can handle most of what you could throw at it. Little bit of fret buzz sometimes, Bright sound, good versatility.

It's a good match for a nice Original rock introduction into guitar and everything that comes with it. Nice to play, sweet to sound. The only things I dislike is the feedback you get, which is still necessant when you use a noisegate and that if you really use the whammy bar your High E Will usually brake. I use low gauge strings, so this could also be it, But I still dislike using the Whammy. If it were stolen I would, as most people would over a small issue, resort to violence and Kill the swine Who had stolen it. If I couldn't find the person, I'd cry a river, build a bridge and get over it. I have a PRS Tremonti SE now so I use my Strat only when I gig with my Softer Rock Group. This guitar is my backup for the PRS, and I think you'd need a backup. I had compared it to an Epiphone Les Paul Special with an Orange Crush amp, and although I'd love an Orange Amp, The Epi didn't cut it for me. I wish it had better Strap Buttons, a maple neck and nicer pickups.

I certainatly think it would withstand live playing, as it has and still does for me. I think I've gigged 5 times with this guitar, with no backup. Strap buttons are cock. I was playing live the first time, all nerves and I tilted it upwards the slightest bit and the guitar just dropped and ruined our first song. Worst concert ever. But alas, replacements cost about a tenner, and I might have just got a black sheep in the production line. Finish is Mediocre but I gig hard so it may be less drastic than I put out.

Set up as best as I could set it up myself, no flaws found. Easy to dent and scratch though, as I was playing a Live set and my bassist collided with me and left a great big dirty gash down the side. Now worn down much more, the gash looks less extreme than it previously did.

Made in Korea in 2005, purchased in 2006. Bought this and recieved a Squier amp, extra Fender strings, five picks, cable and a tuner for free.

vitax
    perfect guitar for beginners, but after playin it after 1 or 2 years, u just wanna throw it in the trash...
    rulerofrock
    I bought one today for my first guitar. I haven't spent long on it but I like it. I live in England like some people 2 comments above and I got mine for 140 with a 12 watt practice amp.