Strat review by Squier

• Reviewer's score: 6.6 Neat
Squier: Strat

Price paid: C$ 250

Purchased from: Van Haltren's

I play a lot of rock as in the Beatles and others and a little bit of Metallica and this guitar suits both so well! The sound is so clear and bright. I use it with a Marshall amplifier (I don't have any pedals). It can get very loud when you turn the pickup selector to the far left... but it sounds too open and awkward... but it is the very best choice when your distortion is cranked up to 9 or 10 (beware: put earmuffs on the dog and or cat if you have one!!) it sounds wicked!

I play rock and roll. The sound is so resonant and bright it is an excellent match for this style. I have been playing for about a year, and all my friends and family think that I'm as good as Taylor Swift (taylor if you are reading this you rock! ) If some fudge head stole my guitar I would definately buy it again. The only thing I wish it had was a floating whammy so I could play the solo to master of puppets by Metallica... But overall I would highly reccomend the Strat to anyone and everyone!:)

I would definatley use this guitar to play live... I take it every where I go where I need to play. The hard ware looks like it will last a few years without replacements. The strap buttons are very solid, and the finish has shone ever since I got it 8 months ago. I can always trust my strat. I would for sure use this without backup when I go on a gig.:)

The guitar was in excellent condition, everything was in place, the paint was done very well and all the metal pieces were very clean, and there wasn't any dust on anything. The bridge was in amazing condition, it was properly routed, and gleaming silver. There were no flaws, and the strings were very clean and new.

Rosewood fretboard, 23 frets... two tone knobs and one volume... depending on what coulor you get, the pickguard may be different coulored, I got a red Strat and the pickguard was white. It has a whammy bar attachment, and comes with a whammy bar depending on what style you get. (mine came with one). Has 3 single coil humbuckers and a pickup selector with three different sound selections.

SOADbeast
    dementiacaptain wrote: Oh crap attack of the noobs today
    damn i am so sick of noobs that have played guitar for 1 month and decide to review their starter pack guitars, we all know that they cant possibly get more than a 5 or a 4 out of ten, yet they get a 7-8????
    NeonBlueAlex
    Wow. I've haven't read so much bullshit in rapid succession since someone introduced me to Dan Brown. Squier strats are mind-blowingly bad. The only reason they make money from them is because kids who have no idea buy them. Guys, my tip would be to take a knowledgeable guitar player (a friend or relative or something) and go trawl pawn shops or something. You can pick up relatively decent guitars second hand for the same price you might pay for this shit.
    NeonBlueAlex
    Oh also, if I hear another person talking about how good Squier Strats look I may stab them in the head with a rusty shovel. A) Don't base your guitar on what it looks like, B) Anyone who knows guitars and sees you playing a Squier Strat can tell its cheap and so are you.