Strat Pack review by Squier

Squier: Strat Pack

I bought this package because it was cheap and I was just beginning. As I learned how to tune it and actually play I realized that it sounded pretty good. I use(d) it with my Fender 15g amp. Overall I like the sounds, although the fifth setting is pretty fuzzy but when you're playing it goes away.

I like to play songs like blink 182 and nirvana. This guitar works and sounds fine for those categories (grunge, pop-punk). I have been playing for a year and a half. I am self-tought. The only other gear I own is the 15 watt amp. If there was anything I could have gotten with this would be a bigger amp. If it were stolen I would be really p**sed off and I would wai until this summer and buy a new guitar. I'm not sure if I would buy another Squier or if I would get a Fender. My favorite feature on this guitar is how I never have to tune it. The tuners are not locking tuners. I wish it had Fender Vintage noiseless pickups. I'd recommend this guitar to any and all beginners and intermediate guitar players. maybe not the package but definately the guitar. It is reliable and sounds pretty damn good.

This guitar definitely will withstand live playing. When I play with my band, it stays in tune very very well. The sound is descent and since I taped (yes taped) my jack back on, I don't have any problems with that any more. All of the knobs stay on nice and tight. The only thing might be that the cover on the selector falls off sometimes. But thats not an issue. The finish is surprisingly good. I have bumped this guitar a few times and the finish doesn't chip at all. The strap buttons are on nice I have never had a problem with that. This guitar will definately last. I plan on keeping it for live shows. Although it won't be my lead guitar, I will definitely use it as backup or for a song with different tuning.

The Strat was not set up that well at the factory, the jack hole screws were stripped and fell out the week after I bought it. The only thing that really made me mad was that when I opened up the back piece, there was a lot of saw dust in it. I took off the pickguard only to find the same.

My guitar (Squier Strat) was made in 2002 and it was made in Indonesia. It has 21 frets. It came with a volume knob, two tone knobs, and a 5-way selector. The body is mad of ash and the neck is made of maple. It came with a gig bag, chromatic tuner. 3 ft. cable, 3 picks, Fender super bullets, 15 watt Fender amp.