Strat Pack review by Squier

Squier: Strat Pack

Purchased from: A friend (Previously Argos)

I pretty much play any style and use the amp that came with it to Switch between distorted and clean. It's a good all round guitar, but I would not recommend it for pros, and not for specific styles. I use a 15G Fender Frontman Amp (supplied) and it has a good variety of sound, from rich and full, to all treble and classical sounds.

My overall impression is that the Fender Squier is a good first time beginner guitar, that is very durable and fun to play. The action and sound quality is good overall. I like the variety of styles you can play with it, but it was a little to basic for my liking. Overall tone is good, but again not top notch. If it were stolen, I would probably not buy another Squier, as I am no longer a beginner! I have no been playing for over a year, and would like to purchase an effects pedal to really make some noise!

I am not sure about the live playing ability of this guitar, it may be a little too beginner, but the guitar will easily withstand heavy strumming and I havn't broken a string yet! The strap buttons are good, but I did have to buy a new strap as the one supplied from Argos spilt twice. I would use this guitar as a backup at a gig and possilbly the amp too, as it is only 15G.The finish is good and still shiny. This guitar seems to last well.

The action of the guitar is great, even as a beginner I could hold chords with no buzzing whatsoever. The pickups were well adjusted and the guitar was well built overall. There were no scratches even though it had been pre-owned and every part was properly aligned. However, the lead supplied with the guitar didn't work when I first got it and it took me a couple of months to realise it was the lead and not the guitar. Having said that I have had no problems with it for 10 months, and it is still lasting well to bumps and knocks.

Made in China 2002, 3 single coil pick-ups, 5-way switching system, chrome tuners. Sunburst in colour, with a thin 21 fret maple fingerboard. There are three controls for volume, bass and treble. Non-locking tuners. Fender pickups. Strat style body, with solid top. Included Fender Frontman 15G amplifier, strap, tremolo bar, tuition video and plectrum.