Strat Pack review by Squier

Squier: Strat Pack

Purchased from: C.A. House Music

I'd have to say that my music style slides on a spectrum between bluesy-rock and heavy metal. To put that in a band-related arena, it goes between Led Zeppelin and Godsmack. I'm close to neithers' musical ability, but I do tend to emulate. The Sqier Strat Pack allows me to go from both ends with relative ease. There are limitatons. Of course you can't expect to sound like Jimmy Page with his '58 Gibson and Marshall's while using a bargain guitar and a relatively small amp. But for a beginner, which I was and still am to an extent, this pack is excellent. The neck is small and easily grippable, allowing first-timers to hit complicated chords and notes. The sound that comes out of the amp is very loud, even on the "3" setting on main volume it packs a tremendous whollop. And if it is fiddled with accordingly, the gain and Drive can be a potent musical weapon.

I already said what style I lean towards, but as a fast-learning beginner, my own style seems like a flavor I've never tasted. With time, it'll become more defined. This is a pretty good match. I've been playing for a couple of months now, but I spend hours on it everyday, so I'm learning very quickly. I talk with my friends that play, handle their gear, so I have something to base my opinions on. If I lost this Strat, I'd wait and get a Fender Telecaster. If I ever do, I'll write a review for it. I love the fact that I can get so much out of the guitar/amp combo. I hate that I can't get just enough. It still lacks in some range. My favorite feature would be neck. I've played other guitars and the necks are almost always uncomfortable for some reason. This neck feels as if it were crafted for my hand specially. I compared this guitar with a Fender Strat. What I found? Barely any difference, except for price. I now can see that the Sqier isn't quite as good as the Fender, but the margin is tiny. The two guitars are almost the same, so I went with the lower-priced one. I'm happy with it. It's an excellent package and will probably be my workhorse guitar for many years.

The guitar could do live-playing, but with a different amp. Well, maybe with the one it came with, but honestly the sound isn't loud enough for a concert. The hardware is solid and seems sturdy. Strap buttons are iron-tight. No way in H E double hockey sticks would I go on without a backup. Well, if there were no choice, yes, but if it were up to me, I'd have another axe just in case. The finsih seems to be just fine, hasn't worn off, but it takes time to tell that sort of thing.

The guitar and accoutrements came sturdy, well-built and solid. The guitar came in-tune and with no blemishes to speak of. None at all. Trying not to be superficial, but, there were no flaws.

2003 Squier Strat. 21 Frets, maple neck, rosewood fretboard, satin finish, active electronics, 3-way selector with little cool switchy thingy that makes it sound like anything from a twangy blues resonator to a clear, healthy Southern Rock sound. But doesn't have quite the range to hit either perfectly. Just almost. Included accessories would be, Fender electronic and acoustic tuner, gig bag, picks, instructions booklet, whammy bar, cable, strap, tools, and a 15G series Frontman Fender Amp.