Strat Pack review by Squier

• Reviewer's score: 6.8 Neat
Squier: Strat Pack

Purchased from: Local Music Store

This amp is ok for any musical style, I play rock and I had to mess around with the tone and bass settings for a good sound. The amp (Fender Frontman 15B) is small but can get pretty loud. The amp makes a loud buzzing noise which is pretty annoying, but it comes and goes. The amp has Switch on distortion with Drive volume and gain knobs. It also has normal volume control, bass, treble, and middle settings. The guitar and amp combined can make a ton of sounds. When I bought the guitar a guy showed me how I could play blues, rock, and blue grass easily. The amp isnt as clear as some good amps, but it is ok.

I play rock and some blues, and this guitar is great for blues. If you have the patience to mess around with the tone and bass, then this guitar is good for rock also. I have been playing since late March and I practice about 1-3 hours a day. If this guitar was stolen, I dont know if I would buy the same pack if the amp was stolen also. If the amp wasnt stolen, I would buy a better guitar. I like the sound it makes when its palm muted, although the buzzing noize on the amp really annoys me. I guess I wish this guitar just had a better sound to it. I dont recommend this as a 2nd or 3rd guitar, but it is great for someone wanting a cheap, electric guitar with the basic accessories included.

This guitar was built well and it could withstand live playing. The tuner is awful, and I suggest you buy a different one. The amp is pretty well built too. The strap has slid off the strap button once, but that was when I first got my guitar and I must not have put the strap on well. I could depend on this guitar, but I would like a backup too. The finish is great, and I dont have any scratches on it that are visible unless they are under a bright light and you look very closely.

I have really only had 1 problem with the guitar. 2 weeks after I bought it , a little nut and bolt were pulled out when I pulled the cord out of the guitar. I took it to a music shop and they fixed it for free, but every few months I have to tighten it. Everything else has worked fine, and the guitar was well-built.

This guitar pack is good for a beginner, but I suggest that you upgrade to a real Fender when you start to play gigs. This is a 21 fret, solid top guitar with 2 tone knobs and one volume. This guitar has 5 way switching and 3 single coil pickups. It also has a standard tremolo. Non-locking tuners aren't the greatest, but are easy to tune up with. This pack also has an ok Frontman 15B Amplifier, a nice set of extra strings (Fender Super Bullets), an extremely basic electronic tuner, a gig bag, a strap, a cable, 3 small, thick picks, and a Fender/Hal-Leonard instruction book. The guitar is available in black, blue, white, and red.