Strat Pack review by Squier

• Reviewer's score: 6.4 Neat
Squier: Strat Pack

Purchased from: store

The Strat often either has too much treble or too much bass. There are days when my band mates call my guitar a mosquito and other days where they call it a beast so there is no neutral in that, but hey it's Squier in other words fenders little retarded cousin.

If you play metal this isn't for you. If you play punk well you guys play crappy stuff and this is a crappy guitar so it seems like a perfect match (not dissing punks but you cant really find one guitar hero from the punk world, Johnny Ramone doesn't count I could play the stuff he plays with my balls). I would recommend this for beginners but when you get advanced buy a lot higher!

This guitar is pretty durable the strap buttons hold very well. I couldn't go to a gig with just this because it gets out of tune very easily which really has been the story of this article. The finish lasts for a while I've been playing this for over a year and it only has bumps from being dropped. The hardware is iffy and I wouldn't trust it to go longer then 5 years.

I play in a heavy metal band called Uranium 235 in St. Louis Missouri now this isnt an advertisement but ya. I plug us in where I can anyways, in a lot of our songs we slash while palm muting on the open E like any other good metal band the problem is my friend has a dimebag Washburn which doesnt go out of tune and I Have Fender's retarded cousin whiuch goes out of tune very easily, and the kick in the balls really is that they give u a whammy bar too! which can help you get out of tune, but it isnt terrible, The picks ups have very little feedback noise. A big problem for me is that my high E (thinnest string for beginners) is wrong on the 12th fret when I play my 12th fret it doesnt play an E like it should so the frets aren't very well made. To get harmonics on this guitar is near impossible you have to have hands as soft as pillows. The action is interesting because down low its very low but up high well its very high so ur options really just stay at playing rhythm. All you lead guitarist avoid this guitar because u cant tap and its very hard to play solos on it and full bends may get it out of tune.

This guitar was made in Indonesia, 21 frets, solibody, black finish white pickguard, Strat, 3 single coil picks ups, came in a package with amp strap picks and a book.