Strat Pack review by Squier

Squier: Strat Pack

Purchased from: N/A

I play classic rock/alternative and with the correct distortion it sounds decent. I'm using the diigtech distortion at this time and again with some tweeking of the amp and adjusting some knobs you can get some good sound but as I stated earlier my 5 way tone Switch does buzz and sometimes has to be moved around to get the sound to come back. Overall on the sound I would say it could be better but I'm happy.

This guitar fits my needs and also fit my budget. I've been playing for close to 2 years now and I havent had hardly any trouble with it. What I love about it is that its very comfortable to play while standing or when sitting down just jamming. Its worst flaw is its 5 way tone selector jus because of its buzzing noise. If this guitar was stolen, I probally wouldn't go by another Squire but I would be extremely pissed off.

I have never used this guiatr infront of a very large audience but when I would play for 10 or 15 it didn't let me down so I would say yes I would depend on it. as for the strap buttons they work fine, they've never came loose before and as for playing live without a backup? I would play live without a backup even if I owned a Fender Strat because things happen but I trust my Squire.

At first when I got this guitar the action was aweful! I couldn't play for more than 30 or so minutes before my fingers just got ate up, but since then I've gotten the bridge adjusted and it plays very well. It has a shiny red finish with which I have no problems with. The pickups or average I guess, nothin amazing but certainly not bad.

This guitar was made in Mexico and its a few years old (probally 5 or so). It has 21 frets and 3 single coil pickups. It came with a gig bag which I do not use and a 15 watt amp which I do play on when I'm practicing at home. It has 3 control knobs, 1 for volume, and 2 for tone. It also has a 5 way tone selector that buzzes sometimes which drives me crazy. For the price I would say I'm happy with its features.