Strat Pack review by Squier

Squier: Strat Pack

Purchased from: AL&M

It's good for pretty much everything. I've played through many amps but it almost always sounds bad because it doesn't have humbuckers! I mostly play blues, jazz, classic rock, and rock, and sometimes a little metal and it doesn't have a good bluesy distortion. I have played through a clean channel amp and it sounded better than my friends pretty nice ESP but I don't think it is really that great. This guitar has an excellent variety of sounds, but it is sometimes hard to find a good tone.

I like this guitar and it can suit any kind of music if you use effects and make sure you have a good tone which can sometimes take a while to find. I have been playing almost a year, but I consider myself good because I'm already just as good as my friends who have been playing a long time. I wish I had gotten the Epiphone Les Paul starter pack but this was my first guitar and I can't do much complaining about it. I think it can sound really good if you make it and if it were stolen I'd buy another if I had and Epiphone or Gibson Les Paul as my first guitar. I have a Baby Taylor that I play at my house and I play this at school with my friends 'cause I don't care if it gets messed up because I'm probably getting a new guitar soon.

I would never gig this thing. The hardware seems like it would last, but I heard a rumor that this guitar was made to last only six months. I might use this as a backup for a gig though. I'm planning to get an Epiphone Les Paul or Gibson Les Paul as my main guitar though. I almost never play this because I have a Baby Taylor and it's more dependable. The strap buttons on my Squier are pretty cheap and the strap has fallen off a few times. Tighten the input jack if you get this, but I would reccomend the Epiphone Les Paul Special II starter pack over this.

It was set up well but I just tightened the input jack to help the cable stay in and not break up and sound bad. The hardware is just cheap Squier crap but its actually pretty durable and everything looks great. I accidently hit the headstock on my ceiling and it left a tiny chip but I hit it pretty hard. The pickups aren't that great but they don't move around or anything and don't sound that bad.

This is fairly new. I got it in 2004. It has 21 frets, made in Japan, it has a nice finish that I haven't managed to chip yet and I play this at my school everyday and carry it from my house to school. It is basically like a Fender Strat except cheaper - 3 single coils, Tune-O-Matic bridge, 5-way selector and comes with a gig bag, strap, cable, tuner, and amp. It is a good deal but I wish I had gotten the Epiphone Les Paul Special II starter pack.