Strat Pack review by Squier

• Reviewer's score: 6.8 Neat
Squier: Strat Pack

Purchased from: Guitarworks

I play all types of rock, this is more of a beginner, heavy rock type of sound, I use only distortion (I'm too cheap to buy stuff) on the guitar, and it works pretty well with the distortion. I always get feedback on my guitar when it gets too close to the amp. It has a good grungy tone thoughh, and some softer music's good too.

It's a fairly good match for whatr I play. All I have is what came with the guitar, except for my acoustic gear. Before buying this guitar, I wouldn't have wished for anything more. If it were stolen, I would probably get pissed, go on a little "Tom Cruise" hissy, then I'd buy a new guitar with the help of the insurance money. Probably pitch in some of my money and buy a better guitar.

It's pretty good durability, I haven't set it on fire yet so I'm not realy sure what it's limits are, the hardware seems to last well, I use a metal pick and it still lasts, the strap buttons kind of blow, my strap keeps sliping off, it's fairly dependable, but personally, this would be my back-up at a gig.

The action ias terrible. I don't like it at all, I tried lowering the axction and it is totally buzy now. The pickups are in a fairly good position, but the bridge is pretty good, I like it. The biggest problem with this was the fret filing. Some of the nuts are loose, but thats about it, also, the pickup selector is noisy.

It was made in Japan, around 2005. It has a maple neck, which is pretty good handling. The finish on my guitar is very nice (transparent). I have no clue what the body is made out of, but the neck is maple. I can't remember what the bridge style is (I'm not at home right now). I am pretty sure they are passive, but I can't really be sure. It has one volume knob, two tone knobs, and a five way selector. Three Fender single coil pickups. Non-locking tuners. And it came with gigbag, strap, cable, a Frontman 15 amp.