Strat Pack review by Squier

Squier: Strat Pack

Purchased from: Music Makers

I think it suits my music style well, but it suits most styles, as my friends play it, who have different styles and it works for them. It's a real all rounder. You can use all kinds of pedals and synthesizers with it. It works on all guitar amps, including synth amps, like Orange amps. It can be extremely loud when using overdrive on full volume with full gain, but it can be lowered, and can also be used, convieniently, with a pair of head phones. It has a rich sound, and the sounds can be varied with different amps, pedals and the tremolo arm.

I play indy/rock style and it is a good match, but as I said earlier it still is a good all rounder. I have been playing for about a year and a half, and this is my second guitar. As my first one held up for a good long while (would've lasted even longer if a scummy little chav boy hadn't broken it) I haven't needed to buy a new one in a year, and that one was an acoustic, so I dont own wuch other gear, but a do have a few distortion pedals. If it were stolen or lost I would probably opt for a real Fender, but for a starter pack I would definetly buy this. I did compare this to a Encore and a Westfield Strat starter packs, and this was definetly the best, and I dont regret anything about buying this. All players who own an acoustic and are looking for an elctric, I reccomend this starter pack, as it has definetly been a good one. It is also quite cheap at only 200 pounds.

This guitar will probably last me my entire playing life. The guitar will easily withstand live playing. I regularly play for at least 1 hour a day, sometimes non stop and it has been fine to date. The strap buttons are fine, but I reccomend buying a new strap as the one packaged falls off after playing standing for a while as it stretches the leather. I have not had a gig with it yet, but I wouldn't take a backup, as it has stood up against many a jam session. The finish is also thick, and has withstood many a bump, scratch or knock and is still smooth all over. I wouldnt reccomend using the tremolo arm to much though as it can make the bridge losen up over time, but it can be tightened back on.

It was set up well, with no flaws what so ever. The pickups were well adjusted, so the quality of the sound isn't lowered. All in all there were no problems.

Made in 2003. Made in Indonesia. 21 frets, Maple neck. Laminated body top and solid neck top. Both body and neck woods are maple. Doesn't have a particular type of finish (depends which color you get). Has a Strat style body. Bridge is string through body. Electronics are passive. Volume control, two tone controls and a 5-way selector. Pickups are Fender made. Accesories included are a strap, amp cable, a tremolo arm, tution material (taster of the Fender tuition DVD) and a 15 gig Fender amp with power cable. It also comes with spare strings.