Strat Pack review by Squier

• Reviewer's score: 5.6 Decent
Squier: Strat Pack

Purchased from: Beacock Music

I like to play 80's hair band and various hard rock, like AC/DC, and it sounds completely off. I hate the sound of it (opinion), and it sounds really bad. When hooked up to the amp with overdrive, it really gets loud, I can only keep it between 1 and 2, over that, it gets loud. The amp is fine for a beginner. It's easy to use, and it is good.

For my first guitar, this was like a calling to me. This may be my first, but it definately won't be my only one for long. The guitar is more for just practice. Not for real playing, so for those of you that have like gigs and stuff, this isn't for you. I've been playing for 8 months now, and this still is a good guitar FWIW. If this were stolen. I'd be glad. It'd be an excuse to get another guitar. I love that this is actually an electric guitar I can play on. I hate that it sounds so flat. I wish it had better sound.

This guitar has lasted me for a while, other than strings breaking quite a bit. I am in a band, and the guitar works just fine. It has stood the test of a back and forth semi-moving lifestyle (my parents are divorced, gotta take it to both houses, and then some).

The tuners are a little wierd. Some are tighter and some are looser, and I have to tune it after about a half-hour of playing because it goes flat. I don't know what the pickups are supposed to be like, but they don't get in the way, and they get the sound.

I bought this guitar a bit ago, actually, my dad bought it, but I play it, and I have to say, I can start to tell the difference between this and other guitars. It's got a 5 pickup Switch, 3 pickups, 2 tone and a volume control, and came with a Fender 15G amp. The gig bag is alright, gets me to and from lessons, the tremolo is fine, but beginner, and the strings it came with weren't too good, they broke within a day. The tuner is extremely hard to use, but that is probably from a beginner's point of view.

hawk5211
    To be honest the guitar itself is not too bad, notice i didnt say great. Ive compared it to a couple of other cheap strats, like the mexican standard and it is close in sound, cept it wont stay in tune. Ive had mine for 2 years and there have been no major problems. The amp however is really crappy, sounds terrible at anything above 2