Strat Pack review by Squier

• Reviewer's score: 6.8 Neat
Squier: Strat Pack

I mostly play metal and hard rock, but also sometimes some ska. The guitar has a pretty decent tone for ska music but the pickups are starting to ware down and are getting really buzzy, which can a problem when playing through louder amps. Has a fairly bright sounds and has some versitility. Yoyu may not be able to get exactly what you want tone-wise but it will be close enough. This guitar has a good tone range for begginers.

I play mostly metal and hard rock but also some ska. I find out of those three genres, it fits ska best because on distorted channels it becomes very noisy because the pickups are going. I've been playing for 2 years now and have been playing it through the amp that came with it. Other than the buzzing, the tones are adequit for a begginer and do deliver some nice distorted tones, but they sounds fairly thin. It it were stolen or lost I would go and buy an Epiphone guigtar istead. I really like the ska tones it has but really hate the pickups and how easy it chips. This guitar is not suitable for someone in a serious band, however, it's perfect for a begginer.

Despite the guitar being easily dented, it could withstand Live paying. I wouldn't use it because of the buzzing sounds but if I had to I think I could rely on it for a show or two. The pickups are getting worse everyday so I'm not sure how much longer it will last (had it for 4 years now). Once again I would only us this at a gig once or twice, but without a backup, I would probably borrow a friends guitar or something. The finished it pretty chipped up has taken a lot of abuse over the years but it isn't faing or anything like that, so it seems like it will last.

The action of the guitar of the guitar was slightly high, but overall was fine, also despite the pickups waring down, they sounded fine out of the box. The guitar didn't contain any flaws other than the pickups beeing easily worn out, but hey that's what you get when you get 100$ guitar. The finish on the guitar has become really damage over time, and has been chipped fairly easily. The neck has also became chipped up abit too which can be a pain while playing.

This is a Squire Start made in Japan, I have no idea which year it was made in. It has 21 frets and a really thin neck. It's blue with a lamanated top and a white pickguard. The neck it the Standard Stractocatser shape wih a 5-way pickup (along with two tone knobs) selector string-thru body and crappy passive single coil pickups. It also has a bolt-on neck. The guitar came with a Champ 15 amp, which is pretty good little practice amp. Also came with strap, patch chord, picks, strings, whammy bar and a gig bag.