Strat Pack review by Squier

• Reviewer's score: 6.6 Neat
Squier: Strat Pack

Purchased from: Music and Arts

The sound surprisingly was loud enough for me, but there is a horrible buzz from the single-coil pickups. It can get fuzzy with the amp it comes with, but at the same time it has been able to change with simple EQ switches. My first guitar made my playing what it is now, and it was fine enough for any starter. It has a range from jazz (PLEASE do not use clean it's clangy and snappy and not smooth) to a good bit of distortion. I would not use the gain to high, and I would use a mix of the bridge and middle pick-up.

I think this was a good first guitar that lasted me a while. For my hard rock and metal it lasted me well. I've been playing almost 2 years and I practice about 2 hours a day with the Fender Amp it came with and a wah. If it were stolen, I would probably hunt the person down and get t back but I would buy a new one since I have advanced beyond this guitar. I like the fact that it lasted well and it does teach me very nicely. it's Whammy, lack of frettage for me, and it's buzz were the downfall, but I promise you if you want to play electric guitar, you don't mind a tough training, and you want a cheap guitar without stickers and advertisement on it, go ahead and treat it well.

This guitar could withstand playing Live, as I've bumped it into walls a lot and it probably isn't bad enough to explode as you stare into it's dusty pick-ups. It might last a good while. The strap buttons do not hold the strap that nicely. I would rather use a BACKUP than the guitar, although there are worse guitars out there. The finish is a nice glossy red on mine but it got a scratch already.

It was built the way it sounds: horribly. The pick-ups were fine, but the headstocks feel loose sometimes, the cable port was so loose I had to tighten it and this nut fell out of the inside. The action is pretty high, but then again thats a good thing for beginning.

As far as I know, this was a 21 fretted solid body guitar. It has a horribly squeaky tremolo bar and it has a 5-Way Selector for the three single-coil pick ups. The setup nicely came with a 1-zipper pocket gig bag, a always-falling-off strap, a nice long cable, and some random allen wrench. Overall disappointed me in the quality but it was good to have the beginning basics.

Invader Jim
    I bought an '03 affinity strat pack as my second electric guitar back in 2005. The guitar I got was surprisingly nice. I've had it since then and she's served me well. I'll never give it up. I've done so much modding and experimenting on it, and it must be a great guitar to go through 4 years of that and still play like a dream. I have a '63 Hofner 182, an '83 Peavey Horizon, a early '90s Kaman (Ibanez) GTX33, and this guitar plays better than all of these.