Strat Pack review by Squier

Squier: Strat Pack

Purchased from: Kenny's Music Dundee

I used to play mostly folk stuff on my acoustic but now tending towards rock with this guitar. It sounds great when I try Eric Clapton or Led Zeppelin style stuff. Power chords when the amp is set to Drive and gain is turned up high sounds great. Its easy to fiddle around with the controls on guitar and amp to get exactly the sound you want to match original songs. I've generally just been using it with the Frontman at home and occasionally with friends Laney GC80A. Had a bit of trouble with it talking to our church PA system though.

I have been very impressed with this guitar. For such a cheap price it hasn't let me down once, I've let it down much more! My favourite things about it are probably the sound and the design. When I was looking for an electric I was looking mainly at the cheaper Squiers and Yamahas because I wanted something that would be guaranteed quality but at a low price. It also worked out a lot cheaper to buy the guitar and amp together in the pack then it was to buy similar things separately. I'm looking forward to learning more skills and songs on it in the future.

I've used the guitar once to play lead guitar at church and it did the job well. I've bumped it and dropped it a couple of times and its still in great condition. Tripped over and kicked the amp a couple of times and its still fine. Having tossed everything around a bit whilst playing it, the strap is fine and strap buttons hold the strap well. The strings are a bit worn however but I haven't changed them since buying it. I think everything will last for a few years without showing any wear. Cables and connections also seem to be very durable.

The finish is brilliant no scratches or nicks on it. Very well setup. Everything on it is put together perfectly, probably links with Fender to thank for that. Great comfortable shape. Nice weight, not too heavy or too light. Stays in tune very well when not using tremolo bar but when you do it doesn't stay in tune for very long. Also the strings bend a bit too easily as you move towards the higher end of the fretboard which can mean its very easy to play out of tune if your not careful. The Fender cable coils really easily compared to other cables I've used. The tuner is very accurate.

Fender Squier Affinity Strat Pack HSS Candy Apple Red with Fender Frontman 15G. - Made in Indonesia - Maple Neck with Rosewood Fingerboard, 21 Fret - Humbucker, Single, Single pickup layout - Alder body - Five-way pickup selector - Two tone controls - Floating Bridge Accessories: - Fender Gig bag - Strap with pick pocket - Fender Frontman 15G + Treble, Middle and Bass Controls + Drive Selector + Normal and Drive Volume Controls + Gain Control + Standard jack input and Aux Stereo Input + Headphone Output + Power Cable - Fender Jack cable - Fender FT-004 Tuner - Fender Medium Plectrums - Tremolo Bar - Spare Spring