Tele Custom review by Squier

Squier: Tele Custom

Purchased from: Sight and Sound

I play anything from blues and classic rock to metal and alternative and it fits any style perfectly. You do get a slight buzz when the tone is turned up all the way. I use it with a Fender FM-212 100 watt. The pickups produce a really bassy sound but can be changed to a really bright sound with the amp equalizier.

Like I said earlier I play a lot of styles and this is a great match for anything from metal to blues. I've been playing playing for little over a year and this is probably my favorite guitar other than an american strat. If it were lost or stolen I would buy this same exact guitar again.

I've never gigged with this guitar but you could use it without a backup. The guitar has never fell from the strap so I'd say the strap buttons are solid. I feel that I could depend on this guitar without a backup but never would because there is always a chance that something can happen. I've drop it a few time and have been push into it on multiple occasians and it has never chipped.

This guitar had a bit of an action problem when I first got it but was easily fixed and pickups were a little high but were adjusted easily. The electronics were all connected properly and it was grounded properly. The finish on the guitar had no flaws that I could see. The only problem that it has right now is that the bridge and neck are not aligned right so the little e is almost hanging over the edge at the 22nd fret but it really dosen't bother me all that much.

Made in 2007 in Indonesia it has 22 frets with a one piece maple neck. The body is Agathis and has a black enamel finish. Has the 72 tele three ply pick-guard on it and has a Tele-bridge. It has Two chrome covered passive Duncan pickups with a three way selector and two volume and two tone knobs. The tuners are factory stock but work very well to keep the guitar in tune. It did not come with any acessories.

musiccoe
    Thank god somebody gets this!
    rainman1987 wrote: Your a crappy guitar player if you judge how a guitar plays by a word printed on the headstock.
    Louissparks76
    honestly dude, you freaking own EVERYBODY SHOULD F*CKING LISTEN TO THIS GUY RIGHT HERE!!!!!
    Fabk
    I'm torn between buying this baby and changing the pickups to some Duncans or Gibsons or the squier jagmaster. Can you guys help me out?
    JessicaGonzo
    im thinking about getting this. im just not sure about the pick ups. oh and ive seen 3 bands gig with this telecaster
    darkhorizon
    For the price this is a very good guitar when set up properly. If you compare it to cheaper starter guitars there is a big difference in the quality. This was the second guitar I bought after my cheap strat copy and I bought the P90 version. GaryStack gives a good run through on what is Tele Custom P90 is like. Give one a play in the shop and see what you think.
    richard_edwards
    Why is everyone saying that it has a Telecaster bridge, when it blatantly has a normal hardtail bridge? Oh, and Squier beat Epiphone for starter guitars. Some of the higher stuff, too. Epiphone REALLY overprice their guitars, up to 700! And for that price, they're crap!