Telecaster review by Squier

Squier: Telecaster

Purchased from: eBay

I play very fast very heavy, evil sounding death metal style music, but I also have a tendency to play oasis and nirvana when I'm in a quiet mood, and this guitar is the thing for the job, I encourage ANYONE to buy a !!!SQUIRE!!! Telecaster and play it through the best amp money can buy (a seymour duncan 60 watt convertible, made in america, limited adition, 50's amplifier) with a DOD death metal distortion pedal chucked in the middle and you have all the setup you will ever, ever, EVER need.

The music I play varies a lot, from oasis, to cradle of filth and the guitar withstands and sounds good with any song by anyone you can think of. It couldn't be better, it plays better than my Gibson les paul AND my Fender Strat, and has a perfect look and sound about it, I think I'm in love.

This guitar is probably the most durable thing I have ever layed eyes on,I have played live with it and threw it 20 feet in the air, only to see it bounce and be perfectly fine, (it has a tiny chip in the paint where it landed). I would use the guitar on stage without any backup at all it's that good.

The action was a bit high but not ridiculously high, it didn't really need setup up differently but I got it done anyway so I could tap easier. The guitar has only one flaw and that is the wiring, when I fitted the new pickup I messed up the wiring, but you get a sound when you use both pickups that rivals any I have ever heard, and I would never change the way it is.

1970 Telecaster, crafted in china, 22 frets. 2 volume controls, fitted with a seymour duncan humbucker S/H/ S H. Ash neck with a maple body. Telecaster body style. White, black scratch plate gig bag.