Telecaster review by Squier

Squier: Telecaster

Purchased from: LA

Listen to a Fender Telecaster and a Squier Telecaster. You won't tell the difference. There's something about it that makes it have that 'ring' that a genuine Fender would have. The type of music that suits me varies. I play punk, classic rock, metal, everything. And the Squier has not let me down. It's just the occassion new set strings that is needed (my strings are pretty much gone black). I have no complaints at all. Afterall, it is a Telecaster, not a copy.

Well, as it may seem, Squier isn't exactly a proper Fender quality. But it has a quality of it's own. You shouldn't be ashamed of the Squier badge on the headstock. For a price like this it's the biggest bargain ever. Try it and see it for your self. You will not be disappointed.

Well, the paint job is bad, but the quailty is amazing. You could probably throw it onto the wall and it will still be fine. I dropped mine on to a wooden floor and it did more damage on the floor than on the guitar. I can't spot a single quality flaw. As it is a Squier, you may think this Asian-made axe is gonna have plenty of problems, but the Chinese have done a brilliant job and there's hardly anything wrong with it. Just the odd-paint job.

This is the let down. I've counted about 20 paint chips on my blue Tele. You'd be amaze how thin the layer of paint is. You could probably use your nail to scratch the paint off (Yes. It is unbelievably thin!) Don't buy this guitar if you want it to be mint all the way through. Because no matter how much you polish it, it will eventually wear off.

- 21 frets - Neck and bridge pikcup Not alot of features. It's nice and simple, just like what a Telecaster should be. But what's the point having features on this thing anyway? We love the Tele because it's simple and being simple is cool.