Telecaster review by Squier

Squier: Telecaster

Purchased from: Academy Of Sound

I play a lot of Avril Lavigne. I run my guitar through a Marshall MG series amplifier, with a Marshall Jackhammer overdrive/distortion fx pedal. I also use a korg DT-3 digital tuner & Jim Dunlop 0.73mm Tortex picks. This guitar can adapt to any style of music. When I play it on the clean channel, it sounds like an acoustic guitar which is perfect for what I play, and when I add overdrive it gives a biting sound, depending on the settings you use. It is not a very noisy guitar because it doesn't have humbuckers, but it is very adaptable for any style of music.

I play a lot of gigs and I play without a back-up. This guitar seems like it will withstand live performances. It is very reliable on stage. I went to the music store to purchese a Fender Standard Telecaster, but the music store said Squier's have better fittings, so it must be good and reliable. The strap buttons are solid, (unlike like other guitars I have previously owned), the strap doesnt fall off because of it's chunky strap buttons. The hardware will last. The finish is very good. I use this guitar for my gigs without a back-up as it is very reliable.

The guitar was perfectly set-up when I purchased it. The end of the selector Switch fell off on the day I purchased it, but it was easy to repair. Other than that the guitar was in excellent condition. All the hardware seems like it will last.

This guitar was manufactured in 2004 in Indonesia. It has 22 medium jumbo frets. It has a C-shape maple neck with a rosewood fingerboard with a radius of 9.5" (241mm). It has an agathis body with a solid top. It has a polyurethane finish, a Telecaster body, a 6 saddle string-thru body bridge. It has a volume control, a tone control, and a 3-way selector Switch. It has 2 alnico magnet single-coil pickups. One in the bridge position and one in the neck position. It has standard die-cast tuners. It also features unique features: gold decal logo, engraved neckplate, white plastic parts, & dot position inlays.