Telecaster review by Squier

Squier: Telecaster

Purchased from: Music Man's Music Depot

It's actually opened up a whole new musical style for me. Since I bought this guitar I have found myself playing more bluesy riffs and soloing a lot. It's got a really "twangy" sound to it, that makes it really stand out and deliver. This is not your guitar if you want darker deeper sounds but for your own tone, this is a nice choice. It also sounds well distorted.

I wish there was a pickup that had a more solid tone. The two it comes with are both really twangy, which is nice, but sometimes I'd like to get a more deep sound. I love the color and I love the fretboard which is very easy to navigate. I love how it looks and it just makes you wanna grab it and start to play. It looks very vintage-y. God forbid, I lose this guitar. I would probably buy something like an Epiphone Les Paul if I did, because I'm getting into a deeper phase, but this is still a very nice toned guitar. So try it out and see how it feels to you.

This guitar does seem like it will last. I wouldn't gig without a backup, but I wouldn't do that even if I had a Vintage Les Paul. The strap buttons are solid and it held my strap very well.

It was pretty much perfect when I bought it. However I'm noticing that the strings need to constantly be raised, as they chime a lot. I had the salesman fix this for me before I bought it, but now, three days later, it's doing the same thing. The strings it comes with are actually pretty nice, it seems usually guitars of this price come equipped with crap strings, but not this one. The finish is very sensitive though. I've noticed two spots on it that are turning to a regular gold color, the guitar is supposed to be a wooden gold type color. It's kind of a dissapointment because the finish really is a beauty.

Made in China. 21 Frets. Beautiful maple fretboard. I have the caramel blonde finish, which really compliments the lighter fretboard. The finish is beautiful, however it chips very easily. You have the pickup selectors, there are two pickups, you can play on the neck pickup or the bridge and put it in the middle for both. Stays in tune pretty well.