Telecaster review by Squier

• Reviewer's score: 5.6 Decent
Squier: Telecaster

Purchased from: Musiciansfriend.com

It doesn't really suit anything but classic rock and blues. You can distort it kind of to play metal, but barely. And it doesn't sound that good when you do that. It sounds great for blues, but that's about it. Very bright sound. Not very versatile.

I wouldn't buy this again. I wish it had humbuckers and one single coil for my blues playing. If I had it to do over again, I would not even deal with this piece of junk. It's my guitar and I love it, but it's always breaking down on me.

I can't depend on this. Not at all. The jack falls out all the time. 3 times now, in 4 months of owning it. I wouldn't gig with this at all. The finish is weak and is chipped to hell and back. The hardware will not last.

The strings were buzzing when I got it. The jack came loose shortly after. It wasn't set up well at all.

Made in 2004. Two single coils. 21 frets. A waste of money. My God, this guitar has dissapointed me. I loved it at first, loved it. Until it started to break, slowly but surely. Do not buy this guitar, do not.