Telecaster review by Squier

Squier: Telecaster

Purchased from: Merchant City Music

This is my 1st guitar. I was playing a Les Paul but now I insist on playing the Telecaster. I play mostly punk rock, Green Day and the odd rock 'n' roll song. I keep the Switch centered volume and tone maxed. This guitar rocks and I'm glad I left my girlfriend for it!

Guitar seems to put up with my taste of music, I've been playing for 3 months and was between a Squire Strat or tele as my first guitar. I took a Tele as my mate has a Mexican Strat. Turns out my descision paid of 'cause the Tele backs up the Strat quite well. Shame my mates down in wales and can't join me for a cream dream supreme.

I've never played the guitar on a stage or anything but if it's good enough for Avril Lavigne and Joe Strummer I'm sure it'l be fine. I've got no probs with the line-in or the Switch although! Sometimes I catch the Switch when I'm rocking out. The straps held on fine I've swung the guitar round my bedroom and its put up a good fight.

The axe sounds much clearer thean the Les Paul, it's only been played through a small Marshall amp as I haven't formed the greatest band since AC/DC, yet! It was setup by the store guy. It's their policy to make sure when you buy a guitar, you can rock! I don't have any problems with sharp frets which I've heard a lot of people complain about. This bad boy is smooth.

2004, 21 frets, solid black finished axe! 1 volume, 1 tone is all this baby needs, 3-way Switch and standard Tele pickups.