Telecaster review by Squier

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Squier: Telecaster

I play mostly blues and rock and lots of solos along with rhythm but I play all styles of music. I usually play it through my 10 watt Crate practice amp but I have also played it through a Fender FM212 at guitar center. Through both amps it is very versitile, the bridge pickup is bright and has lots of bite (what do you excpect from a Tele) and when the selector is in the middle position the guitar has a nice rounded tone. The bridge pickup is very warm and I love using it for ryhtm or almost acoustic like sounds. It can have lots of feedback especially in the bridge position. Overall the sound is great and it has good tonal range but the feedback is pretty bad which brings the rating down which would otherwidse be a 9.

I'm a intermermediate/begginer and this is my first guitar, and its a great guitar if your starting out. If you want to stand out from everyone getting Squier Strats than this is a great alternative, I prefer this to my cousins Squier Strat. It has a great tonal range and unless you play gigs the feedback isnt realy a problem. If it were stolen I would probly go with something better off now that I am more experienced. This guitar has fuffiled my expepactations, I wanted a decent begginer guitar with a this neck and wide tonal range, I knew it was gonna have crappy hardware for this price. Overall, in this price range, this guitar is as good as it gets.

I definatly would not bring this guitar to a gig (or any guitar in this price range), just because of its feedback and I wouldnt have faith in the hardware. The finish does wear of fairly easily, and I made the mistake of leaning it againt my amp all the time until I discovered a big line were the finish had rubbed off.

As with most all low priced guitars and squiers, the guitar was not set up very well at all but you can just tell the people at guitar center to adjust the neck and action. The only flaw I found (not realy a flaw just poor design I guess) was the bridge, if you strum the bottom string (thickest) for long periods of time, the saddle will fall rapidly and cause this horrible string buzz. The other saddles hold up fairly well and just need to be adjusted from time to time, but this one sometimes needs to be adjusted after just one day of heavy playing. Other than that the wood was very good, especially on the neck which is exeptionally smooth and thin. The routing is of poor quility, if you lift the cover to the Switch, volume and tone knobs you see lots of wood chips. The finsih also had some minor flaws, nothoing realy noticable though.

Made in China 2005 model, fast thin neck very smooth, 21 frets, alder body with maple neck, butterscotch color (very yellowish doesn't realy look like a Vintage Fender Tele), one tone and one volume pot, two single coils.