Telecaster review by Squier

• Reviewer's score: 5.8 Decent
Squier: Telecaster

I play blues and blues rock and occasionaly do some shred, it was pretty versitile and the pickups were surprisingly decent. It did feed back a lot at high gain, but for clean blues its fine. Bridge pickup is ultra bright and sounds awesome at meduim distortion. The neck and neck/bridge pickup make a nice warm, clapton like bluess sounds. I played it mostly through a Crate practice amp, but also through a nice Fender tube at guitar center.

I've been playing for about a year, but I got this as my first guitar about 6 months ago. I have had experience with other electric guitars all my life because most of my uncles play. The tone is above average for its price, and the neck is excellent, but the hardware prevents this from being a good guitar. I would not buy this again, and not recommend it to a begginer.

As far as the finish goes, it chips easily, but I don't mind if it sounds good. The hardware is crap and I woulkd never bring this to a gig. Tuners don't stay in tune at all either. Overall, a very cheap guitar, Fender is obviosly just trying to use their name here.

This is were things started to go downhill. The woods, and the neck were realy nice, the neck was as good as any Fender neck, but all the hadware, setup, and finish is junk. The bridge very insecure and after a few days of hard playing the action will start to get incocsistent. Any way you configure it the low E string will buzz, along with some other minor buzzing from the other wound strings. The harware is very cheap, the jack plate is made out of weak plastic unlike the Fender round metal ones, and I broke mine about 2 months after I got it, causing the wires to hang out and the input to eventualy rip of the cords, forcing me to play it acoustically and miss out on perhaps the only thing this guitar had going for it (tone). Also, I dont think there is a factory replacement for this jackplate.

Agathis body, maple neck, made in china, pretty small frets, maple fingerboard, Tele bridge and electronics. I wanted a tele for my first guitar and this is what I could afford.