Telecaster review by Squier

Squier: Telecaster

Purchased from: toews music

I'm plugging it strait into a little Vox amp that I found for 150 bucks (fairly new). in the neck position it gives a bright metallic sound if you have the tone at 10, and a mellower bright sound with the tone at 1. The bridge pickup is where this guitar shines through, you can get a perfect blues tone with the tone pot set at 1, and no noise at that setting either! Although I have mdded this guitar a sick amount the things I did keep stock is the brige pickup, bridge, neck and body. Now it is an absolute tone machine. For the great sound and absolute versatility of this guitar in giving it a 9, although I played about 5 other of the same guitars as this and they didn't even come close.

I play everything, jazz, blues, metal, etc. I've been playing acoustic for a couple years and this is my first electric. If it was stolen I'd hunt down the person Who stole it, and have my way with them, I can't say I'd buy it again, cause I really really doubt I'll find one that plays, sounds, and feels like mine. I really love everything about it, my favorite feature was the price. I compared it to everything in the store, it kicked all the BC Rich, Epiphones, Peaveys, and any other Squires they had there, and that I have ever played. Everything I wish it had, I have put on it, but it was a great guitar stock so I'm giving it a 9.

I haven't played live, so I can't tell if it will widthstand live playing. Strap buttons were solid, but I still replaced them with straplocks, almost nothing is stock on this guitar so I'm gnna give it a 6. The finish I replaced with tung oil, the tuners I replaced with grovers, the neck pickup I replaced with an evans eliminator bridge pickup, the original finish seemed to chip easy. I would use it without a backup now, but it's always best to have a backup.

Action was perfect, no fret buzz, nice low action. Pickups were adjusted perfect, bridge routed properly, and no flaws to my guitar. But I have to warn you, I tried other Squier tele's and they didn't even come remotely close to this guitar. When I bought this, it was the best playing guitar in the store other then the gibsons, and one especially nice Fender Strat, don't beleive me? Ask the sales guy. I'm giving it a 10 because mine was perfect.

I got the special edition of the tele, this guitar is a 2006, made in indeonesia. solid 3 peice alder body. The "special edition" just means a nice glossy thick butterscotch finish, it has a I think polyurethane finished maple neck and fingerboard. non locking tuners, classic passive tele pickups, a 3-way switch, volume and tone. Also features a 6 saddle tele bridge. Not bad for my preferences although I've done very extensive customization to this guitar, so I'll give it a 7 I guess.

OttovanZanten
    I wouldn't buy this again. I wish it had humbuckers and one single coil for my blues playing. that's not fenders foult buy a guitar with humbuckers