Telecaster review by Squier

Squier: Telecaster

Purchased from: Music123.com

The sound isn't bad. I use a Marshall MG10 amplifier and no effects. It's not a great sound. The pickups are cheap and don't carry much weight. So I replace the pickups with SD Little 59 mini-humbucker in the bridge and SD Model 59 humbucker in the neck. With the new pickups, the sound is awesome! It gets a good range using the various different settings.

I am a beginning guitar student. This guitar is perfect for me. It's easy to play. It gets a good sound. It's low-maintenance. As a beginner I am completely satsified and would recommend this to any beginning guitar student. It's the only guitar I have and will be the only guitar I have for quite some time. Even now if it were stolen I would probably replace it with the same thing or something similar (and also replace the pickups). I have no need for a $2000 Les Paul. This guitar suits my needs. I love it.

Is it reliable? Is it durable? Only time will tell, truth be told. But it's made with quality materials, and they seem to be holding up after a year. The tuners, the frets, the jack, the pickup selector Switch all seem to be very solid. I have had no problems with it after a year.

The guitar was set up close to perfect. The action is not too high, not too low. Intonation was perfect. And added to that the guitar is easy to adjust. The truss-rod, the bridge, the height of the pickups all adjust easily. The guitar stays in tune. I rarely have to tune it at all. The 6th string falls out of tune after a couple of days of use, but it takes 30 seconds to correct, and then I'm back playing again for hours. Good guitar.

Squier Standard Telecaster made in Indonesia. It has 22 frets, rosewood fretboard, maple neck, body of some Indonesian wood similar to alder; a humbucker in the neck and a single-coil pickup in the bridge position. It's an inexpensive guitar but at the same time not a toy and not a piece of junk. It's a quality instrument. As a beginning guitar student it is perfect for me to learn on.

pie_man_25
    I can't play guitar too good, but I want a tele (even if it is a nockoff) cuz I like their sound, that's not too expensive but still pretty good, any suggestions?
    jellyhead
    i got this tele. it's a bloody brillient. does any style, apart today's heavier stlyes of metal. linked up to decent amp you couldn't never regret buying this thing
    rougebassist
    Hey people don't nock the teles man they are freakin sweet u guys wouldnt have Jacksons or Esp if it werent for Leo Fender and his first tele he made u guys should all have one damn