Telecaster review by Squier

• Reviewer's score: 5.6 Decent
Squier: Telecaster

I am using this with a Crate 10watt practice amp and DigiTech RP150 multi effects proccesor. When I bought this guitar, I was realy into classic rock, blues rock and blues. For that it has a nice, biting tone on the bridge pickup that sounds nice with a some distortion, the middle postion gives you a nice rythm sound that's still has bite but is more creamy, and the neck pickup is realy warm, kinda muddy, I don't like it cause it muddys up your sound, although it sounds decent with clean tones. I am now into metal, prog and Pink Floyd now, and thanks to my effects box I can get a variety of tones but I want a humbucker guitar now. In the neck and bridge postitons this guitar usually generates quite a bit of buzz but that's to be expected from a single coil guitar in this class. This guitar has a suprising amount of tones for how simple it is but overall it is a brighter sounding guitar that is better suited for clean or lightly overdriven tones. The neck pickup trys to make up for it's inherat brightness with to much muddy sound. With heavy distortion it sounds decent but buzzes considerably.

Overall, this is a decent budget guitar for a begginging guitarist who likes blues, classic rock or country. The neck is excellent, the hardware is poor but it holds tuning well. I have been playing for around 2.5 years and it has held up decently. Compared to other gutiars in this price range it is very good, because of the neck and tuning. I have played many guitars becuase I frequantly go to guitar shops and jam with friends and if you play the above listed styles and are a begginer or short on money than this is a good buy.

I would not play this guitar Live, because the input jack isnt the best and the hardware leaves a lot to be desired. This goes for jsut about any guitar in this price range though. The finish is thick and glossy, mine has a lot of scratches but I don't realy care, Fender style guitars are meant to be vintaged. It's an inexpensive guitar, most guitars in this price range are worse than this one.

This guitar is a budget axe, meaning that hardware is lacking.The bridge works but isnt the best, as the saddles are hard and durable but can move alot. Despite this the tuners are very good and this guitar keeps its tunings well. I have put this in standerd, Half step down, and Full step down and I did not have tuning issues with any of these. The neck is the best part of this guitar, it's nice and smooth and feels like a maple Fender neck. If you like flatter fretboards this may not be a good choice becuase the raduis is realy small, like 7.5. If you area fan of these then this is a good budget guitar. The guitars input jack has broken several times but I just sodered this back on. The action is good up to about the 12th fret were it starts getting high, one of my least favorite things about this guitar. The High e string has buz from the 8th to 12th fret very badly, but raising the action should help a bit.

Made in china 2005 model. It has 21 meduim frets and a maple fretboard. The neck is thin but in a C shape and the nut is very narrow, fretboard has a small raduis. It's a flat top basic Tele design, alder wood body, a transparent Orange yellow color called butterscotch but much more Orange and thick than those real Vintage ones. Hardware is chromed metal, bridge is Tele style, has 2 pickups one slanted bridge and chrome Tele neck pickup, Three way pickup selector and one volume and tone knob. Tuners are no name but keep tuning well.

j-boy199
    Zwart wrote: don't like this one. don't like the shape. And if you really want a telecaster you should try the OBEY they rule. plays very very nice and sound really great
    if you don't like the shape of a tele, why did you recommend a different tele? lol
    sudah_cukup
    is there a squire standard tele with a mapple neck/fret board? I love the yellow color of mapple, and I believe, tele is the most beautiful guitar.
    nirvanapwns
    some of these reviews are from the affinity tele but what about the standard would you recommend it for a second guitar