Telecaster review by Squier

Squier: Telecaster

It suits all music styles I've tryed (that's most things other than jazz), but the neck pickup seems like a bit of a missfit next to the overwound, and therefore more powerful, bridge pickup (which can cope with any distortion that my Laney LX12 can throw at it). Huge ammounts of twang on the bridge p'up, which results in high clarity during high distortion. The neck pickup gets muddy quickly if you're not careful with your settings, but a simple change of the tone pot to a more trebley sound cures this a little. A good tele sound.

I play most things, from blues to thrash, and it holds up beautifully to any torture I put it through, I'e been playing for not long over a year, and this is my 4th guitar, I own a Cheetah something or other (it was a cheapo one on ebay, and it's electric), a squire Affinity Strat (electric), and a Cort eath-70 (acoustic). If it were lost or stolen, I'd replace it immediatley, then hit the person Who nicked it over the head with it, because it wouldn't take any damage. I love everything about this guitar apart from the neck pickup, and I wish that was a P-90.

It'll stand up very well to Live playing, and might even be better for it, if other Fender's are anything to go by. I can depend on it no end, but I'd have a backup, just cos I'm synical like that. The strap buttons, as with all squire's, are huge, but, again, I'm still gonna get a set of schallers, just for safteys sake. The finish would last being hit with a H-bomb, dropped into the sun, and being set upon by a pack of angry wolves. But not sandpaper.

I've had it for just under a month, and no matter how many knocks it takes (I'm a little hap-hazzard with my guitars), it dosn't chip even a little. Judging from my Affinity Strat, it'll take a huge beating before anything shows. Everything else about the guitar's perfect, apart from the neck p'up being slightley too low, resulting in volum loss when switching guitars, or going from the bridge to the neck. I thought that'd be a simple thing to fix, but I'm going to have to take the neck off before I can do this, which I'm not doing yet, because the stock strings are so comfortable.

Made in the Cort factory in Indonesia in 2008. 22 fret, rosewood 'board, overwound neck p'up. Standard 2 p'up, 3 way selector, 1 tone, 1 volume, tele layout. Vintage burst (red centre, black edge) in colour. Either Agathis or Alder body, check on the Squier website if you're after a specific one, skunk stripe, thru-body, non-branded tuners (no screws holding them in), 3 ply pick-guard (Tourtoise shell, white, black), chrome hardware, Strat-style bridge, lightly tapered neck, chrome plated hardware.