Telecaster review by Squier

Squier: Telecaster

Price paid: A$ 140

Purchased from: shanghai china 2007

You gotta put a seymore duncan pick up in it, and bam! What a change. You have to admit its a soft sounding guitar if you play it standard, you can't use this guitar proffessionally out of the box, but I'll tell you what, I love my signature G&L and it plays just as good and sounds just as good with the seymore duncan in it.

I performed in clubs, hotels, bars from thailand to china, and all inbetween, did many many gigs playing 6 nights aweek and the guitar really impressed me. The fav feature would have to be the pick up, really changed the sound. Going to buy another in beijing jan 2011.

Once I replaced the jack, it was really reliable... Actually stayed in tune all the time, maybe I landed a good one, it had normal servicing, when I took the strings off I cleaned it thougherly and made sure all screws were up tight, and they were. Fretts handled the job too, I'm not a hard player but I play rythem and lead and the guitar did the job that was reqwuiered fromit.

Strait out of the box its way too high, lower the action, to suit your style, you can't go too low but really nice to suit most players. Fretts are nice, bridge strings could be stronger, but ok, I was going to put a bone nutt on the neck, but the seymore duncan did a fantastic job.

2007, china made, 22 standard, mediam fretts, normal body, black body, rosewood neck, it had standadrd coils but I replaced the back pick up with a 500rmb (80au)seymour duncan.it really changed the sound, didn't even need a pedal for distortion, so nice, I performed around asia for 2 yrs with this tele. I left my G&L in Australia and never missed it. What a lovely guitar it turned out to be, I replaced the jack socket, but that's it. I loved playing it and always regret selling it back In oz in 09.