Telecaster review by Squier

Squier: Telecaster

Purchased from: Holmes Music Swindon

I like to play a lot of classic and alternative rock and occasionally venture into a bit of blues and, unsurprisingly for a Tele, this guitar suits it perfectly. I'm a lot less inclined to use overdrive since I got this guitar because I think it just makes such a beautiful sound on it's own.

This guitar is perfect for my style of music, playing alternative and classic rock, I am absolutely in love with the look and the finish is good. My only complaint is the input jack, and although some people have advised me to change the pickups, I'm more than happy with the Tele sound that they produce. I'd definitely buy this guitar again, but I'd make sure the first thing I did every time I played it was tighten the input jack. Overall though, a beautiful guitar that I absolutely love.

Mostly the guitar feels solid and well put together, all except for the input jack, which has driven me insane; I've only had the guitar for a couple of months but I've already sworn that if it falls out again I'm going to improvise something else. It's a bugger to get back in as well once it has.

I found the set-up was relatively good; it came with a beautiful set of D'Addario strings which played really well with the Tele sound. I'm not an expert so I'm not one to get picky but even so, I'm happy to say no complaints. I've found no flaws with the guitar save for the jack, which was loose upon arrival and so fell out relatively quickly, but as far as the more technical components are concerned all was fine.

I absolutely love the neck, by far the best I've played with, the finish, exposed wood with black pickgaurd, is absolutely beautiful and is what first attracted me to this guitar; the bridge and pickups look good and sound good, and although relatively limited the variety of sounds you can make suit me just fine.