Telecaster review by Squier

Squier: Telecaster

I generally play boogie-rock/blues, mainly Barre Chords and I find the sound from the bridge pickup combined with a Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal and Marshall MG30FX give a nice warm distortion. Not creating as much distortion as a humbucker, but a fairly decent amount. I have the tone control turned 3/4 up, taking out any unwanted noise. But having the tone control turned down produces a flat sound and lackes body. The neck pickup with distortion has a very warm bluesy sound. Off distortion, both pickups sound bright, and with a touch of reverb are warm, the bridge pickup is perfect for rock n roll, blues and reggae. But of course, I'll let you judge the sound if you buy this guitar.

I think this Tele may as well be a Fender, it certainly seems like one. I would recommend it to many guitarists. I play alot of Status Quo, so naturally, the Telecaster springs to mind, and it's the perfect guitar. I would definitely buy it again if it was stolen or lost and I really believe I have spent my money well. Great value and an excellent guitar.

I have already used my Tele for one gig, and I would definitely use it again. The pickups haven't had any problems. But of course I would go to a gig with a backup. Even if I had a Gibson Les Paul, I'd still have a backup. But yes, I would use this for playing live, it's my main guitar anyway.

The action is very low, making soloing easy. As for the fret finish, there are no grinds when bending stings (Often found in cheaper guitars) and the frets are smooth. One flaw was that I seem to remember the strap button coming lose and having to tighten that up. But other than that, the guitar is well built and finished.

When I decided to get a Telecaster, I had been playing for a couple of months and had become a decent guitarist, in search of a decent guitar. I had always been a fan of Fender Telecasters, so naturally I wanted one. So my Tele of choice was the Squire Telecaster Classic Vibe. 3 colour sunburst finish(Very nice), Alder body, high gloss Maple neck, Rosewood 21 fret fretboard, 2 custom Alnico V single-coil pickups S/S configuration. All hardware is chrome and an Tele String-Thru body bridge. Three way pickup selector, 1 volume, 1 tone control. The neck is very thin and combined with the gloss, I find playing very comfortable.