Telecaster Pro-Tone review by Squier

Squier: Telecaster Pro-Tone

This model was only made for 2 years and Fender stoped production due to the high quality(this puts USA telis to shame). The teli twang is there in abundance. But being the tone snob I am I had a JB jr modified and placed in the Bridge now all I can say is the sound is like a Bright LP.

Teli's are the only fenders I like, don't know why they just are. I've been playing for 16+ yrs now and know a little about a good guitar, and it don't always have ot have a big name on the head stock. I would love to own another one but they are almost impossible to find now days. If you ever come across one buy it you will not be dissapointed.

Never had a problem with it yet and I had it for about 6 yrs and sold it now I wish I could eather buy it back or find another one but they are going for $600+ now if you are even lucky enough to find one. This is a quality made instument with out a doubt. I've put it up aganst $1400 Usa Teli's and it destroys them. Don't belive me google them.

Plays amazing fret work is top notch, neck is smooth. The body is a little thicker than a normal teli but still comfortable. I can not say enough great things about this "POS" squire, except that it is far from a "POS" Squire. I got compliments from every one on how nice the finish was for a "country guitar"! And if they played it they always wanted to buy it.

1996 made in japan 2 piece ash in blond finish, sinle coil in the Bridge humbucker in the neck. 21 fret maple neck with maple fret-board. String thru body with modern teli bridge. Stock tuners work excelent no need to replace them. Standard telicaster controls 1 volume, 1 tone and a 3 way switch. If it didn't say squire you'd swear it was a Fender custom shop model.