Thinline Tele review by Squier

Squier: Thinline Tele

Purchased from: St. John's Music

I play metal, blues, classic rock, and a little bit of jazz. This guitar rocks!!! I run into a Line 6 Floor POD and I can easily play any style of music I want. The Duncan Designed pickups produce great tones and kick serious ass. The neck pickup has just the right voicing for screaming leads and mellow clean parts. The bridge is perfect for crunch/high gain settings.

This is great for an intermediate guitarist and provides great tone. I would consider buying this guitar again but I wouldn't run too buy it the minute this got stolen or lost. I think Squier would've made this a lot better if they installed coil taps but oh well.

Not bad. When I Switch to the bridge pickup from the neck the volume drops considerably until I Switch pickups again. This only occurs one in every 70 times, so it's not too bad. I haven't tried this Live but if it can withstand 35 degree celsius weather, I think it could survive gigs. The bridge volume and tone controls come lose from time to time but that's an easy fix.

The action is awesome! Not too low but perfect hight for me. The finish is holding up pretty strong. My Tele came in Crimson transparent satin and looks amazing. Only one chip on the body; right by the tone controls from when I dropped my phone but it still looks great. The neck is extremely comfortable and allows for great chording, effortless bending and even fast shred runs a la Zakk Wylde.

My Tele was made in 2004 in China. The neck is rosewood and has 22 frets. The body and neck are made of alder. The finish is called Crimson transparent and is a satin finish. Single cutaway body with a stop tailpiece bridge. Comes stock with Duncan Designed pickups, 2 volume, 2 tone and a 3 way selector Switch. Unfortunately the tuners are non-locking.

greenharp
    I live in Oz and bought this axe for $900 about 4 years ago. While I agree that the neck is extrememly playable and the quality of the finish is excellent i cant say the the electrics and hardware is up to the standard of the rest of the guitar. It is very pleasing to the eye and easy to play for long periods but the poor hardware put me off. I eventually bought a reproduction tele '62 thinline and was much happier. But after a while I ddecided to give the hh another go. the jack, tone and volume pots were replaced and the selector switch was given a going over so that it stopped "missing positions. But the biggest chang was removing those frankly sub standard ducan designed (chinese crap) pups and putting in two humbuckers lifted straight out of a brand new gibson sg.many thanks to my local luthier for suggesting this. Thank you kurt(music warehouse, townsville). Now the guitar sings and is a worthy performance instrument.I share the concern about the glued in neck, but barring major accidents it shouldnt become a issue. IT does best through a tube amp(dont they all!) and I've been very pleased with the tone I get through a bugera v22. Iplay mostly blues based material but I also spend a lot of time trying out the mellower,jazzy side of things. I would recommend this axe as a good second hand buy but be careful of the not so great hard ware and lose those pups. Theres plenty of better ones on the market for very reasonable money. over all I give a 7/10.