Tom DeLonge Strat review by Squier

Squier: Tom DeLonge Strat

Purchased from: Ebay

A few years ago I was only really into punk rock music but over the years I've grown to like bands such as Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Sound Garden, and supreme guitarists like Steve Vai and Paul Gilbert. I think if you like punk rock music buy this guitar but if you want more tone and a brighter sound this guitar probably won't be for you. I suppose if you like metal band tis guitar would be ok but it's only really limited to punk rock. I use this guitar with a Zoom 15 watt amp. With a fair amount of gain and distortion this guitar rules the pickup sounds really powerful. It's punk rock heaven.

I love loads of styles of music punk rock, grunge, classical, metal, rock, this guitar is perfect for rock in general and maybe some grunge. I've played classical deals on this guitar and it sound pretty cool, my other gear is my Zoom Fire 15 amp and that's all I own. I wish this guitar was slightly lighter and the neck would be perfect if it was a bit thicker like the SG's. If it was lost/stolen I would have trouble buying a new Tom DeLonge Strat as they have been discontiued as Tom Delonge has joined forces with Gibson. I would probaly buy an SG they look so dam cool.

It will definetly withstand live playing. Even though I don't gig I had this guitar for 2 years and its still in great condition, the hardware is a-ok and even if it does go wrong it can be eaisly fixed due to th simplistic less, more features. Strap buttons still oing strong. I don't gig so I don't know to depend on thid guitar. Actually I'm going to say yes because it hasen't let me down even though I a bedroom player.

I never had a problem with the action. Pickup fine change the original and still plays fine. Better in fact all of the above I haven't really had a problem with although the guitar does seem to go out of tune pretty eaisly but I only paid 120 so I'm not conplaining. It's not much of a strain to tune up in my opinion. Beginners should check this guitar out especially Blink 182 nuts.

This is my second guitar, being a huge fan of punk rock bands like Blink 182, The Offspring, Green Day, this guitar is perfect for that style of music. It's basically like any other Strat but the less, more approach certainly makes this guitar very unique, it has only one volume control. There's no need for tone in punk rock (quoted by Tom Delonge). This guitar also features one humbucker pickup, although I change my Ducan Design pickup for the insanly powerful Seymour Duncan Invader pickup useded by Metallica and Blink 182. This guitar has 21 frets and I own the artic white version of this guitar.

CALiS*TX
    jv_music wrote: i don't see why this guitar get's a good rating. it may sound and play good, but i'm sure you don't wanna be stuck with one pickup only.
    if you into metal, you need more than one pickup... if you into a lot of genre, you gotta get a lot pickup n expensive... but blink juz a punk band (meaning one genre), one pickup is enough for simple ****ing funny lyrics... if blink playing genre nu-metal, blues o watever kinda pop or techno, tom will gotta get more than one pickup... hahahha! btw, great lyrics create great sound of tone impression... if you into Guitar God, juz zip or shut up your mouth and let your ****ing finger tapping or picking the fret guys!! Hell Yeah...
    Ali-b912
    Kozlic wrote: Any one knows wich efects does Tom DeLonge use?
    / no but id say none or a really simple distortion. punk guitarists tend not to use effects because they cant afford them (when they start out) or because it sounds really out of place.
    paul999b
    Tom plays straight into his cabs live. He uses mesa boogie triple rectifiers. As far as this guitar only being for punk rock, I think people say that because it's a TOM DELONGE strat. The pickups they put in these are very hot pickups and you can actually play like metal lead with it. It's actually in my opinion a pretty versitile guitar. I like it because it's so simple. Tone knobs are useless anyway. Don't think I use it on any of my guitars.
    crazy8rgood
    Why does this dude have THREE signature guitars??!?!? Its not like hes some rock god or anything, blink made some catchy tunes, ill admit, but still... Not very sig worthy... Ah well...
    whitey255
    my brother is making me up a tom delonge squer in the surfgreen colour with a squier sermor duncan. i have a RARE billy joe signiture with the same pickups and a normal strat with an invador. there are no differences between any of them except for when you plug it into something like my 120watt marshal tube amp.
    ToilerOnTheSea
    I'm getting one for christmas, it's a black one, i really need a new amp though, im stuck with an EG-10J and it sucks lol, but it'll do. Great guitar, ive playing it a few times in the shop. 6 days to go.
    sparky996
    Vampire 255 wrote: he doesnt use any effects until the self titled album
    And in that album, he used the gibson
    Emmanuel200
    It's funny how nobody gets how flexible punk is as a genre and use what are almost stereotypes when it comes to explaining a set-up. The guys from the Swellers use metal oriented effects and guitars. Same with A Whilhelm Scream and many others.
    rdavila77
    I have a Fender Squire Tom Delonge Signature guitar. Surf Green, white pickguards. It was a Gig guitar. I just bought a MIM Fender Strat. Dont need it anymore. Willing to sell it. Make me an offer.
    bundi182
    I need a guitar like that!!! If you have it in surf green then let me know I pay 250$ for it if it's surf green than I pay 275$ without any issues inside and outside! Please just let me know and send my pictures and stuff like that! fhu52@hotmail.com Thanks!!!
    jv_music