Vintage Modified Strat review by Squier

Squier: Vintage Modified Strat

I play mostly blues, heavy rock, pop rock to metal. I run it through a Fender Pro Junior. It suits perfectly my style. And according to other reviews from other websites, this is the closest Squier Strat to a Fender Mexican Strat when it comes to the finish, sound and features. This guitar is good for blues to hard rock and can do good for metal also.

Overall, this is a good guitar for the price. As I said, it matched The Music I play. If it were stolen or lost, definitely I will buy a new one. I love the finish especially the color of the pickguard, it matched the color of the body. What I only hate is that it doesn't have any accessories.I wish Fender make all of their strats with locking tuners and also strap locks, not just cheap strap buttons.

The finish will last for years. Maybe best if you try to replace the tuners with locking tuners. And it will withstand Live playing because I have already tried that during my recital at the auditorium at my school. I will use it with a backup in case of broken strings.

The guitar was setup perfectly. The action was setup according to my needs. The guitar doesn't have any flaws. My only claim is that it doesn't include any accessories but overall it is a very nice guitar. The pickguard is nice. It is not heavy nor light. Its weight is just average like most of the strats.

My guitar was made in India last year(2008). Have 21 medium jumbo frets. Have maple neck and rosewood fretboard. Mine is in Metallic Red finish. Pickups are 3 Duncan Design SC-101 single coils. Have Vintage style synchronous tremolo bridge. No accessories included. Unique features: Vintage Style Tremolo, Custom Pickguards by Color, Gold and Black Squier Logo, Engraved Neckplate, White Plastic Parts, Dot Position Inlays

doive
    I love that it features "white plastic parts" - i wasn't going to buy one until i saw it had these!
    edgeyyz
    bagpipemetal wrote: For some reason People hate Squiers when their actually very good for their price.
    Some of them are, but most of them are garbage. They're only good as beginning guitars. Their basses are a lot better than their guitars quality-wise.
    Seref
    Squiers are a good investment if you are just starting and it is your first electric guitar. Anything else would be a waste and the money would be better spent elsewhere. But they are pretty decent guitars for the price.
    cws92
    I had a Squire in the early '90's and it sounded good when it stayed in tune (not often).
    DavidsonTFP
    I have a Squier and it's junk. it'll be the last time I ever drink Captain Morgan and take my Dean ML X to a local pawn shop.
    Mr.brownstone93
    I have this guitar in 3 tone sunburst, I didn't like most squiers I tryed, but this one plays like a mexican strat. It has one of the most bluesy tones I've heart from a strat
    saint_berzerker
    There's no sense in buying a Squire anymore. Back 15-20 years ago that's all there was for beginners. But...it is good that they make them with Basswood instead of plywood like the one I used to have. Guitars have gotten so cheap, price-wise now, you can save a couple hundred more and get a real player.
    retka
    I agree that expensive guitars aren't always a good deal. I just picked up an Sx Custom Handmade Vintage Series Stratocaster. It was only $200 used. The body of the guitar has great tone and rivals that of a mid-priced Fender Strat. The pickups are decent but I will eventually end up replacing them with something from the "Fender Custom Shop" line. Plus the guitar has a very nice Licensed Floyd Rose tremelo with locking nut. Anyway point being, you can achieve a great sound and tone by just being smart, not purchasing the first guitar you see, and being open to the idea that "Yes, those small and cheaper brands like Sx, Squire, Epiphone, etc. are not as cheap as you think they are." With a little tweaking, that "kid guitar" can sound perfect just by upgrading electronics and such.
    rancidryan
    Unique features: Vintage Style Tremolo, Custom Pickguards by Color, Gold and Black Squier Logo, Engraved Neckplate, White Plastic Parts, Dot Position Inlays / i have never seen another guitar with these features like EVER!
    KurdtStaley
    yeah i have the same model, same finish as the one reviewed red with red mother of pearl pick guard. I think the sound quality is pretty damn good, and i don't have any real problems with it going out of tune. if i tune it and play for two hours, it might falter a little, but it definitely won't be very noticeable. Nothing will detune to a half step, not even close to that. i think the tone is pretty decent. probably about the same as a mexican strat. i think people are pretty full of shit, egotistical losers who automatically assume that any expensive guitar is far superior in tone to a cheaper one. that's not really the case. why would something be better assembled in the US? because then you have piece of shit lazy ass US citizens assembling it? baahahahaahahah i bet the sweat shops in south east asia make better shit. i'm being kind of sarcastic, but the people of india are definetly more competent than spoiled lazy american's. anyways just my two cents, def a great value guitar. but ugh would someone like to explain the reasoning behind an american guitar having better tone? I'd love to hear it... unless the electronics are different, or it has other parts that are better quality i guarantee there is no difference from the shit produced here to the stuff coming from else where. aside from maybe shipping, but if it's not damaged when you buy it, then obviously it didn't get hurt at all from shipping it. I think there's just a placebo effect where people connotate price with quality when it's in fact not true. Fender's robbing all the egotistical losers blind while they pay $2000 when they could get an identical model for $500.