X-155 White Heat review by Squier

Squier: X-155 White Heat

Purchased from: n/a

This is a Jazz guitar. It was made for Jazz. I love the BB King style blues guitar and I play that often on it but I also enjoy the sound it gets for playing rock, alternative styles and other forms of jazz. Right now I'm using an old-school Dean-Markley tube amp and it gets such a beautiful tone, it's unbelievable. All the notes resonate with such a rich and full sound, I never want to put my guitar down.

This guitar is perfect. I can not see myself buying another guitar to take the place of this one. I've had my eye on thsi guitar ever since I started playing and when I finally got it, I couldn't wait to start playing it. I only wish it had that sweet black pick-guard.

It will and has survived live playing. None of the hardware has shown any sign of wear as long as I've had it. The strap buttons are very solid however, once, my strap broke and I almost dropped my guitar. Nothing wrong with the buttons, though. I have used it ina gig without a back up simply because I do not own a back up. But it has lasted and I trust it will last for a very long time.

The action on this guitar is not so good but the bridge allowed that to be adjusted easily. All other parts of the guitar were perfect when I bought it right from the store. Nothing else needed adjusting or fixing to suit my needs. Something that might put people off a guitar such as this is the sheer bulk of it. It is a huge guitar and not the best to move around but it is definitely worth the size.

This is an excellent guitar. It began production in 2004 and the 25 series (blue with white flames) was put out of production last year. It is a hollow-body so it is much bulkier than other electric guitars but it is still very solid. The body and neck are maple with a beautiful lacquered flame finish. It has a Wilkinson bridge which can be easily ajusted (but I didn't need to). The two Duncan humbuckers work marvellously and didn't need adjusting either. There are two volume controls and two tone so you can easily get a wide variety of sounds. The three-way pick up control is very solid, as well. It also has a number of features which are extra such as the pearloid block inlays, the set-neck and the custom "S" tail-piece. I've also seen other series with an awesome black pick-guard but my guitar doesn't have that. There is also a custom made hardcase but it has to be ordered through Fender for a ridiculous price. Overall, an amazing gitar with great features.

Luis Corona
    Didn't expect this from squier, probably plays like crap. There's not enough reviews to tell much about it.
    hoobariffer87
    Squier's beginning to step up the quality of their guitars. Especially the higher-end ones like this one.
    zerohero
    Squire is comming out with cool stuff, i wish it was all one color tough.
    bassplayerwilly
    i dont know what you people have against squier, ive got one of their strats and one of their jazz basses, and i love them, and they dont cost much
    roryo
    MIJ Squiers are actually pretty good, not a patch on a real Fender of course. I guarantee that most people who have a shittily made Squier have a MIC Squier. This guitar looks a lot like the one Josh Homme uses in the 'Little Sister' video too, which is cool. Does anyone know what guitar he actually does use in that video BTW? I've seen him use it live a few times too.
    fondukfun
    I can assure you all, this guitar does not play poorly at all. It is Squier made but they don't even show it on their site. It was a limited edition so maybe they stepped it up for that. And though I payed only $316 American for this guitar, it can fetch more than a grand.
    wstcstchopper
    I bought this guitar and I think it kicks ass!It has the pearloid block inlays, the black pick gaurd,set neck, and custom "S" tail-piece.It has all the goodies(sorry for the guys that like the pick gaurd). People say it is bulkie, but I am a big guy who likes the size. Look at some of the greats who played on bulkie guitars,Johnny Cash,Willie Nelson, BB King,ect... It is all about style and what is comfortable to you. Don't knock it because you like the smaller body's. I will own and play this untill the day I die. For a complete hollow body (not semi hollow like most) this is the best I've played. The sound the looks. Gonna be hard to change my mind. Thanks for reading.
    squierdude
    luis corona **** you bitch if ya dont like squier why the **** are ya lookin at reviews the guitar kicks ass and plays great so **** you
    kfong03
    that picture on the top had me thinking it was some kind of limited edition epiphone archtop
    darkbob
    i love this guitar, i was looking at epiphones dot and casino and other guitars and in my local shop it caught my eye hanging up with some high end gretchs like Tennessee rose, so i got it down and it sounded like a million bucks, the sound was as sweet as wine. I didnt mind or care if it was a squier my fisrt guitar was a squier strat it was one of the best axes i ever owned, sadly it died at the hands of my evil ex wife who smashed it rock star style in the parking lot when i left her. So after hearing the sound of the x 155 i had one question for the man at the music shop. Cash or credit?