H300 review by Stagg

Stagg: H300

Purchased from: Guitar Heaven

I play heavy to death and black metal, and it suits them all quite well. I also play hard and classic rock, Alt, some punk, and glam rock and also shock rock, and it does the job quite nicely. I have a Samick LA1OR 20W practice amp and a distortion stompbox, phaser, and a wah, and it actually works nicely with all of them. It's not too noisy, although you do get some bad feed back if you close to any electronics, which is to be expected. The nice thing about this guitar is that it holds all tunings very well, drop B, drop C, you name it.

Once again I play metal. All kinds. This guitar will blow you away for this. I've been playing for about a year and a half, and my first guitar, a Peavey Raptor, died on me rather terribly. So I took to a guitar store and asked how much he'd give me for it. he said $75 tops. And then I saw this guitar, and it was over. I even took this guitar over a Strat, Ibanez RG, Jackson V, and a switch Wild1. I don't regret buying trhis guitar in the least little bit. The thing I love about this gutaris it takes what I put it through, without dying on me in anyway. I would like to replace the humbuckers with some EMG's or DiMarzios tho. The one thing I always wish I still had was a whammy bar on it.

Honestly, I would take this guitar to a gig with no back up. It plays nicely, sounds good, and it has never taken a crap on me yet. Atleast %90 of the hardware I think will last no problem. The strap buttons I had to replace with straplocks, which hey, are you gonna complain about $15 straplocks when you got a nice guitar? It will easily withstand anything you throw at it, it's a good solid, tough guitar. The gothic finnish is actually amazing. I don't know how many times I have dropped this guitar and it came out with no scratches. I have it over a year now and I have yet to see any wearing off on the paint from my pick, my arm, or anything else.

The action was kinda low when I got it, whick is too be expected of a display model. The strings kinda rubbed on the fretwire at first, but I raised the action and it works just fine now. The pickups werent adjusted very well, the bridge was too low, and the neck was way too high for my liking, but again, I adjusted it and it now works and plays like a dream. The biggest flaw I found in it is that the 2nd fretwire wasn't filed enough, although a buddy of mine said his was like that. The pickup selector was kinda noisy, but I put some sealent around on the inside and it's not too god awful bad now, tho it's still noticable. The volume knob was nice and secure when I got this guitar, but after 4-5 months of playing it fell off and I lost it, which isnt too bad for this guitar I suppose.

The H300 has a solid alder body, hard maple neck and a rose wood fretboard. 2 humbuckers. A 3-way toggle switch, good stock humbuckers, tune-o-matic gride and diecast machine heads. It also has a gothic finnish. I think it has non locking tuners, but I'm not entirely sure tho. No gigbags or anything when I got it tho, which was dissapointing.

Nick 101
    I also have this guitar, the pick-up selector is kinda load but thats the only set back for me. I gives quite a good sound for any type of music.
    ArcticDude
    I also have this model, and is just right for the heavy rock and metal that I play.
    rv_phoenix
    I haven't seen an uglier guitars since Parker's Fly. But the Fly sounds excellent, while this is sheer crap.