L250 review by Stagg

Stagg: L250

Purchased from: Local Shop

I usually play metal (most of it Iron Maiden). My brother plays metal too (mostly black/death/thrash metal). I also play clean sounds on it, because I want to be diverse. I am using this with a IBZ10G amp, and a DigiTech RP55 effect pedal (cheap gear). Suprizingly, the sound of this guitar is good. I heared it with a 500$ amp too, and same pedals, and it rocked. It also have a full sound with my amp. The Guitar had a little buzz when I bought it, but it was because I did not know how to mute notes (first guitar). After I changed the strings, I had to lower my humbuckers a bit. The intonation also.

I play all kinds of music, except pop-rock jazz and blues (but will start with the last two soon). I play for 5 months, and I've also got a IBZ10G amp, and a RP55 effect. If it was stolen, I would buy something else, wich has a vibrato. I had compared this to a squire, and a few other guitars I can't remember. I wish this had a vibrato. I advice testing lots of guitars, but have this one in mind too :).

I have not played live yet, because I'm not that good. The hardware seems fine, because it only got better as the months passed. My strap fell 2 times, but I guess it's from the strap, because the hole on it got bigger. It does not matter it won't last you live due to detune, because if you play live, you won't play a 125$ Stagg. The paint on it was preety weak.

Everything on this guitar was adjusted perfectly, because I bought it from a local shop, and the guy knew his buisness. The only thing that bugs me is that the humbuckers have a bit of tape on them, and this is pretty weird. Also the back cover had a little of celofane on it, but I guess that was to prevent water from entering the back of the guitar, so it's ok.

*I actually bought this in RON, but to estimate, 400 RON is 125 USD. *I don't know what year this was made in, or where, but I guess Hungary or China. *It has a solid body, 22 fret neck. The wood is good, it resonates when the guitar is not amplified. *I have this guitar in black, and the front part of the body is a bit scratched, because i used it alot. *This is a Les Paul copy, so you know how the bridge looks. *It has 1 volume and 1 tone knob, and a 3 way selector. Pickpus are stock, and I will talk about their finish later. It came with a cable. *I used orignal strings for 5 months before they rusted, but I don't know for how long they have been on the guitar before I bought it.

Jacobrivers8
    hes not going to be very good if he doesn't play jazz, especially if he wants to play metal. I have only been playing for 8 months and i know that.
    Scott Burright
    I have some nice guitars as well as a cheap Jazzmaster shaped Strat copy by Stagg. I have high end tube amps and low end solid state amps. I've been playing for many years. I tell you my Staggocaster Jaguar thing is a good guitar. Very nice actually. Equipment snobs can shove it.
    kookieduck
    I bought a Stagg L250 as my first Electric guitar and I like it fine. No problems whatsoever so far. I'm not a professional player and so this fits my needs perfectly. Maybe some day I'll upgrade but probably not. I would certainly recommend this to a friend.
    easygi
    my 4month year old L250, is having a rusty fret wires, that sucks
    EpiExplorer
    fLYinGV23 wrote: I usually play metal (most of it Iron Maiden). My brother plays metal too (mostly black/death/thrash metal). I also play clean sounds on it, because I want to be diverse. This made me lol.
    Truly funny. Obviously a bit new to everything..
    longman240
    The wood is good and resonates well The humbuckers have tape on them. Also the back cover had a little of celofane on it, but I guess that was to prevent water from entering the back of the guitar, so it's ok.
    Seriously? I mean if you're gonna review something at least have basic knowledge of what you're reviewing, although this was good for the lulz.
    fLYinGV23
    This made me lol.
    jacobvsmith
    I looked at this review thinking it was going to be a little more informative. This was very poorly written and contains very little useful information. Someone who's been playing this short a time should not write a review on any product. I've been playing for 6 and a half years and I view everything that I previously owned when I had only been playing for a about 6 months to a year or two completely different now. You gotta know your equipment before you write about it. This goes for everything. Pedals, Guitars, Basses, Drums, Amps, etc. I congratulate you on actually picking up the guitar however. Hope you pregress very well, and when you get good equipment you will know.
    kodadak
    if you want vibrato, shake your fingers and bend the strings really fast. I believe the piece of equipment you meant was a whammy bar (or tremolo arm for the more proper crowd)
    leftyace
    As bad as the review was written, it was still rated more fairly than most of the other crap on here.
    brian_s
    It's a stagg. Meaning, it's a cheap guitar for beginners. Doesn't necessarily mean it's bad. My first electric guitar was a stagg SG. So, few years later (and a bunch of other guitars I've tried out) I realized. Hey, that's not a bad guitar at all. I mean it's cheap, but it's sounds great (and it did) and if feels so natural to me. So what conclusion did I come up with? I need a gibson SG. And so I did.
    moose1512
    very poor review, poor information, no experiance and no detailed information, WTB review admins
    rv_phoenix
    Someone who plays on this instrument cannot be a good guitarrist. Let's stop pretending we don't know that. We all know there are poor and gifted peaople, but good guitar players, no matter how poor they are, always manage to play on a good instrument. Because, if he truly likes to play the guitar, makes all the sacrifices to get a good instrument. And... c'mon, the difference between the Stagg crap and a good instrument - like a Vintage, a Hodson, not to mention Ibanez or Epiphone - is only 100 euros. A good guitar player would beg at the corner of the street and earn these 100 euros! These guys, who pretend they review guitars and equipment, are worse than hopeless amateurs. They are actually proud of their crappy equipment, because playing lousy music on lousy guitars in a garrage sounds more interesting than working in a workshop somewhere. They are too many of them, I know, but the least we can do is to comment on their fake reviews and tell youngsters who want a good instrument what a good instrument really is. Staggs are not good instruments and period.
    chi.wright
    I consider myself a good guitar player. I've been playing for about ten years and am the lead guitar player in a band that plays decent-sized venues. That being said, I'm looking for reviews on this guitar because I want one that looks wacky - this guitar in bright pink fits that bill. It's ridiculous to judge a person's skill by the type of guitar they play. Skill doesn't equal money.