L320 review by Stagg

Stagg: L320

Purchased from: MDM-Music

When I brought the guitar I played mainly punk, but as time went on I mellowed into playing a lot of indy and garage rock, to which the guitar suited better. I have even had success in gigging with this guitar. When I gigged with it I used overdrive of a Marshall MG50DFX with a Jim Dunlop Crybaby at times for Wah-Wah. The guitar soundwise is very versitile, for example the sound that can be achieved ranges from an extremely bassy tone to bright sharp tones.

I mainly play indy and garage rock which the guitar is well suited for. I have been playing for just over 2 years now, and would definatley recommned this guitar to someone looking to upgrade from their first guitar. The guitar is great value for money and plays as good as other models I have tryed. The only thing I don't like about it is the way in which it quickly goes out of tune.

I have used the guitar at a gig with no back up, however my bands set was only 25 minutes long and I fell that it would have gone out of tune a little if I had played for any longer. That is the main flaw of the guitar that it goes out of tune relatively easy, but what can one expect for a low budget guitar. To prevent the strap from falling of the buttons I had to purchase some strap locks but they didn't really brak the bank.

Before I gigged with the guitar had to reset the bridge height and string inotations to suit my style of playing, however this was no real problem. For a relatively cheap guitar the pic uos are of good quality, as is the bridge.

This was my second elctric guitar. I bought it after I'd been playing for about a year. I got the guitar in the spring of 2004 so I suspect it was manafactured shortly before that time. I haven't a clue where it was made, however for its price I suspect China, maybe? The neck which is of hard maple is off 22 frets and is not much thinner nor much fatter than any other Les Pual model I have played before. The body is made of alder and the guitar can still be heard if played even if not plugged in, I suspect due to it's body. The body is that of a standard Les Paul with a single cut-away. The guitar features a Tune-O-Matic bridge and a volume and tone control for each humbucking pickup. The guitar is fitted with a 3-way selector Switch and is fitted with Stagg pickups. The tuners are also made by Stagg and are non-locking. The guitar didn't come with any accessories but the dude in the guitar shop was sound and threw in some spare strings and a lead.