L320 review by Stagg

Stagg: L320

Well, my music style is mainly classic/hard rock, things like AC/DC, Aerosmith, Deep Purple etc. The guitar is very well suited to play this style. I personally don't like guitars that sound very sharp and this one suits my playing style very well. The 2 humbuckers are noiseless and have a very warm tone to them (even warmer than the two expensive Ibanez guitars I have). Though you can also scream with this guitar (Zakk Wylde-like things are also possible). So much variety and an overall very warm tone!

This thing is just perfect for my goal: I'm an overall Ibanez guy, but I also like to bang on the occasional classic electric guitar models (like this LP). I've got two Ibanez guitars (S470DXQM and RG1570) but this LP-fake guitar is just cool. I'm not afraid to do any of the things that I normally wouldn't do to my more expensive Ibanez's. It's perfect for gigging since it's so easily constructed, nothing can go wrong. As I already said, it fits my playing style very well and I love to use it in the way Zakk uses his, just hang it on a very long strap and start playing. The only thing I had to get used to is it's higher bridge, that's a bit weird to dual-pick on.

So gigging. I've played this guitar live on several occasions. It's great, I use it as a back up, or to play some clean pieces with chorus. But it's very well suited to gig with. There are no things on this guitar that can break easily, the only thing you need to do is tune properly (you know: tune-stretch strings-tune etc). Once you've done this, this thing won't let you down!

Well, at the beginning I had to lower the bridge a little, but since this is a tun-o-matic bridge, that was very easy. So far that's the only thing I did, I've intonated it once, but only after half a year of playing. The quality is really good, no flaws in the finish, the only thing that it needed was a pair of proper strap-locks. The upper strap button isn't placed in a very good position, so you need to replace it for a locking-type of button. But that's all.

I bought this guitar late 2005, I suspect it was made in the beginning of that year. It features a 22 fret neck made of hard maple, a rosewood fingerboard and a tune-O-Matic bridge. The body is made of solid alder with a tiger stripe-like arch top. It's body style is that of a Les Paul of course. Pickups are 2 humbucking pickups with a 3-way switch and a volume and tone pot for each. Tuners and pickups are of Stagg-manufacturers.

Kada2110
    this would be a very good guitar if you changed pickups to dimarzio or emg... But its decent even with the stock pickups...
    tenack
    Ive bought a l300 its basically the same but without the the pickguard its great little rythm guitar :p
    moose_fly
    I have this here guitar. And before it was damaged by a house break in, I loved it to death. I picked it and a little kicker amp for a nice 60 bucks. In my opinion its a nice cheap beginner guitar and it looks cool to boot. Man i miss playing that thing.
    djk55
    My friend's guitar's the same kind and actually, it's pretty good. The design is the popular Les Paul which gives it a 5/5*s. The sound is great too.If I ever had an extra guitar, I would pick this one.
    Duncas
    i have this guitar, its very well built. It fell down my stairs and only the neck pickups tone knob snapped off which was easily repaired. very good buy for a beginner
    dsguitar
    I've had this guitar for about three years, it works for blues and does everything i bought it for, neck comfortable and all. Its amazing the sound you can get out of some cheap guitars.