L400 review by Stagg

Stagg: L400

Purchased from: ebay

I play blues & soft metal which this les paul has plenty of crunch to offer I was expecting to be honest a poor quality sound due to it's cheap price but was amazingly surprised at what this guitar had nto offer. Down at the recording studio some of the lads own the real thing the Stagg came close but the real thing held it's own which is hardly surprising!

I play mainly blues & soft metal which this L400 does well as if it were designed to do so, it's true the real thing is out in front but for it's price it is a bargain. You can expect a Rolls Royce to beat a Jag, but the Jag is great! I feel the same scenerio is similar here. If my L400 was lost or stolen yes I would buy another!

As most of my guitar work is in the recording studio & I don't do many gigs, to be honest only the call of time will tell me how robust this guitar really is.

The annoying thing about the set up was fret buzz on the 6th string however being fortunate enough to know the right people I got this sorted, the finish where the neck is glued to the body shows a line where it is joined. Other than that the finish is immensely beautiful!

This is a beautiful finish alpine white Les Paul Copy with gold-hardware, however "The proof of the pudding, is in the eating" I believe it was made in Korea it has 22 frets relatively thin frets, a rosewood finish fretboard, solid top body made of alder, single cutaway, the bridge being Tune-O-Matic, with a 3-way selector for lead or rhythm; 2 humbuckers which I believe are made by DiMarzio.