R500 review by Stagg

Purchased from: Allegro Music.

This does classic rock well! I did try a bit of other stuff but I not sure how well it would do Jazz, it would do modern rock and blues ok. Trust me. It was pluffed into a Fender amp (unkown model) and was set to just amplify it. It does great in the neck position for all you rhythm players. This is a very warm sound. It does a great job at the bridge for all those leads and is very rich. There was no noise at all from the pickups, no hissing etc.. and they where great at full volume. The great part I will save to last..... leave the knob in the middle and let both pickups work! WOOOO! is all I can save. It is a great warm sound.

I play mainly classic rock and this matches it great. I been playing over a year now and already own a Hohner lx 90 which I must say is very hard to play, set up etc... The Stagg R500 is much better than the Hohner in every way. If it was stolen I would buy it again... definatly! I love the looks, the sound and the feel of this guitar and would rec. it anyone thinking of getting a starter/intermediate guitar.

I haven't used it for a gig yet so I cannot say. The hardware seems sturdy and it seems like it will last. The pickups you may want to replace down the road at some stage but for the price they are simply great! The strap buttons solid enough. The finisih is nice but a chip by the strap button on the end of the guitar where someone smacked it? Thrown a tantrum? Anyway I got 20 off for that. I could depend on this guitar for a few years and maybe a backup if I got a more xpensive one.

The guitar was very well setup allowing me to play bar chords as well at the 12 fret as I could the first. I could never ever play bar chords but this guitar was great for that. You harldy have to press down for the string to be fretted. This action seemed to be pretty high for the guitar but was still very very low. I could bend the strings very easily too.Although the tremolo arm only allows down bends and is very hard to use.

This guitar is made in China and is pretty new. There are many features on this guitar for the price. It is a copy of a PRS (unknown model).Has 24 medium frets with an unusual style dot inlay,kind of multi colour perlescent effect. It has 1 tone and 1 volume and a 3 way selector Switch. Has two humbuckers. These are not your normal run of the mill cheap ones though these sound great! The necck is maple and the fretboard rosewood. The body is a solid alder. The finish is a sunburst effect. The bridge is a tune o matic with Vintage tremolo arm. The tuners are Stagg branded.