S300 review by Stagg

Stagg: S300

Purchased from: Local Shop

The sound is pretty good (but of course not like a real Strat). You can play any kind of music on it from clean to punk and alot more. It's a little noisy. Especialy the higher strings can be buzzy sometimes. But it's not that bad that it gets anoying.

This is a very good guitar I've been playing it for almost 2 years and it still looks like new. I use it mainly for punk, but you can play almost any kind of music on it. I'd say that it's a very good guitar for beginners: it's pretty easy to play and realy cheap (it was the cheapest I could find, that's why I bought it, and I'm still very happy about it).

I played gigs with it without a backup and it has never failed me. And with all the abuse it has taken it's still in very good condition: it only has a few minor scratches on the back and it fell of a couple on stairs and it only lost a little chip of wood on the head. The tuners will stay in tune for a long time, no matter how hard you play.

It was in good condition when I got it. I only had tighten one of the tuners 'cause it was loose and one of the pickups was to low. There wasn't anything else wrong on it. The finish on this thing is just amazing. Everything looks great. The action is good. Soloing can be a little harder than on an Epiphone or something but it's still good for such a cheap guitar. You'll just have to get used to it. It has jumbo frets too to make things a liitle easier.

It was made in 2003 in China. It's a black and white Strat copy and has 21 jumbo frets. I kept it completely standard ('cause I know nothing about customizing). It has 3 single coils (it's a Strat). The hardware is pretty good for the price. It has a volume knob and 2 tone knobs and a tremolo. The pickup selector is a little noisy. The tuners stay in tune for a pretty long time. The only downsides are that the guitar is pretty heavy and the strap buttons aren't so good either.