S300 review by Stagg

Stagg: S300

Purchased from: Nearby shop

I use a large 50 watt amp with this guitar and it suits the style I play (alternative to heavy rock) fairly well. And it produces a fairly good sound in this style. This guitar can also be used to generate sound from a very clean sound to a heavily distorted one. And it handles these styles with some skill. It's starings are also fairly easy to bend for a rather highish action guitar which adds to genre versatility.

I play music by a large number of bands including Coldplay, Jimi Hendrix and Led Zeppelin. And this guitar matches these styles of alternative rock to heavy rock fairly well. I have been playing for almost 3 years and I own a Johnson 50r amp, a Stagg 10 GA P and a few Acoustic guitars. But when this guitar is matched with my larger, higher qaulity 50 watt amp it is a very good guitar. And for the price I payed for it (roughly 290 australian) it was definatly worth the money. However it is really a beginner's guitar so if it were say lost I would not purchase it again.

This guitar will definatly withstand Live playing it is a very solid guitar! The hardware seems like it will definatly last as there really is not much that could go wrong with this guitar. I've had this guitar for just over a year and nothing much has gone wrong however the socket for the cable is getting a bit loose which is easily fixed but as someone else pointed out the strap buttons allow my strap to fall off very easily which really is annoying. Otherwise this is a reliable and fairly durable guitar.

This guitar was completely flawless when I bought it. With absolutely nothing wrong with it as you would expect with a new guitar. This guitar is fairly high action but I am used to that from years of playing with acoustics. A problem I found with it though is that when the wahmmy bar is used it puts the guitar out of tune very fast but this is understanable given the price of the guitar.

This guitar is a Strat copy so it comes with all the features you would expect from a Strat, 5-way selector, volume knob, two tone knobs, whammy bar. I haven't customised my Stagg at all (I have got no idea how). But the thing that sets this guitar apart for me was that I bought in a pack with a tiny ten watt amp, bag, a set of strings, pitch pipe for only 290 AUD. This is great value even if I have had to replace the amp due to it's awful sound.

weselow
    Its my first and only guitar and I think I should buy better. But its very cheap.