S300 review by Stagg

Stagg: S300

Purchased from: Local Music store

It suits for classic rock, wich I play, and using wah and delay is nice on it. On brighter sound it gets noisy and well, it can get really noisy if you turn the volume up. It hasn't that much variety cause it's hard to get heavy metal sound with that guitar.

I'm playing mostly all kinds of rock/metal/punk and it just suits to punk and rock. I own some other useless guitars, this one is the jewel of useless guitars. I should ask for a Epiphone Les Paul Special before I bought this one, it was an mistake. If it weere stolen or lost I wouldn't even search it anymore and I had a very good reason to make my parents buy me a new guitar. I hate it's noisy pickups sometimes, but that depends on wich amp you play. My favourite Feature is, that the gutiar stays in tune for weeks and during using/abusing tremolo, wich surprises me. I compare it with some Ibanez beginner guitars, but this one should be better than them. I wish that it had an Humbucker in bridge position and an licensed Floyd Rose, than it could be the perfect beginners guitar.

You won't play Live with that, but I did. It was a mistake, on stage I changed the guitar. It will last, but if you abuse it, not anymor. The strap buttons suck a bit, and get loose after a while. I would never use it on a gig without a backup. Well the finish is good enough to last, and you'll be satisfied of it.

It's rly great finished for that money you pay, but it could be better. The tone knobs are loose sometimes, and if you use the tremolo, the strings are doing some noises you don't want. It needed a bit setup at first, but then it stays in tune for weeks, I rly like that.

My guitar was made 2001 in Japan. It has 21 jumbo frets. It has this white scratch plate, wich doesn't look that nice anymore if you play sometimes on it. It's a Strat style piece of crap, with a Vintage tremolo and crappy pickups wich are getting really noisy. You have a pickup selector, volume and 2 tone knobs. Mine came with a gig bag, a cable, and a strap. It's not very good but have some awesomeness for a cheap guitar.

Fash
    ALEX V) wrote: this guitar really sucks how can any one say its good for any thing if ppl who say its good play a better guitar youll no how muc it sUCKS
    shut up dude. their not comparing it with something else, their comparing it with strat's so shut up. this thing is pretty good for it's kind. i have one myself and though the neck is a bit thick and it'll wear you out pretty fast (at least for me) it's still pretty good...
    HeartRaz0r
    well one of my favourite guitars, cuz it was my first~... it's rly nice