S300 review by Stagg

• Reviewer's score: 6 Neat
Stagg: S300

My style of music is rock, and this kind of suits any type of music. It is what I call an allrounder. I use it with my Cheetah 30w amp and Behringer SF300 pedal most of the time. It does give a bit of feedback, but not too much. The sound is full, however there are not many variations to the sound.

I think this matches my personal needs, as it is a low budget guitar, and comes in a pack with most other essentials for only 139.99. I have been playing for 3 years, and this is my first electric guitar. As I have said before, I own 1 FX pedal and 2 amps (30w + 10w), but also a Nevada acoustic guitar for 89.99. If this guitar was stolen or lost, I would buy a different guitar, probably a Gibson SG, as that would suit my style even more. I love the colour (Navy Blue) and finish to the guitar, and also the maplewood neck, as I can slide donw the fretboard faster. I chose this guitar to start of with because it came in a beginner pack, and was on my budget. I wish this guitar had a harder wearing body and finish, but overall, this is a good guitar. I would reccomend this guitar to beginners with a low budget.

This guitar would withstand Live gig's etc, as it is really light. The hardware does seem like it would last quite a long time, and the strap buttons are solid. The finish will last quite a long time, however will wear off eventually.

The action is not spectacular, as sometimes the strings buzz. The pickps are good quality, The bridged and nut have been properly fitted and set up. Some of the fret markers had stains on them, which was quite suprising as Stagg make excellent quality guitars.

This Stagg has 21 frets, a solid top, and it's neck is made from Maplewood. It has the bodystyle of a Strat, and has a 5 way selecter, 2 tone controls and 1 volume control. It has 3 pickups, 1 of which is a humbucker. The tuners are non-locking. I got this in a starter pack, so it included a gig bag, strap, cable, spare strings and a beginners teaching guie.

joshuahughes34
    I agree with Fash, this alex v dude is obviously a hater of strat copies. this is my first guitar and I have the left handed version, i have played and listened to my friends guitars + some of my dads, and i have to say it is a brilliant guitar, especially for a beginner, i've had it for 1 and a half years and i wudnt trade it for any other guitar at the same price
    mr. BiGG
    i must say that i myself dont find strats to nice looking but ill keep that out of what im about to say now. all in all its just another cheap guitar fun yes worth getting purely cos of how cheap it is but if u can just go abit higher in price because that little skip higher say 200 makes all the difference
    Leenix
    In my Opinion this guitar is extremely shit and only good for Begginers. I bought this a few months ago as a Begginer, Learned how to play the guitar with it. Then i Switched to a Washburn WI64DL for a Week, after geting my S300 Strat back i noticed how Disgusting the whole guitar was in all aspects compared to he Washburn. The sound was extremely Horrible, no matter at what position i set the Coil Selector the sound was Horrible, the Action was Horrible as if the guitar was made by a Schoolboy. And the Coils are extremely Weak. If you ask me i would never use this guitar to perform no matter what. It's almost like holding a Toy Guitar, it's that badly Designed. At first when i had this guitar i thought it was very good just like everyone here thinks. I only tried 1 other guitar out to realise how crap the S300 Strat Was. I'd reccomend it for Total begginers. If youre not one spend more money to get a real guitar with at least a Hambucker on it. But not this Strat, it's Disgusting,
    Janus_Stark
    i got one of this..its shit... i bought it only 3-4 months after playing guitar..so i didnt know what im getting in to..after 3 months i noticed its shit, and it was a waste of money.. dont buy it if you know anything about guitars
    Raargh!
    You guys are being so harsh, I have a Stagg S300 Left-hand, and it's well good. Yeah it might not be a patch on Gibson's, but you pay like 2000+ for one, whereas I got my Stagg for 150. Really, really good.